• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Sign 7.6.2 "Show Me" not working

blackbok

Hello all...

We (our shop) recently upgraded to a new Graphtec 7000-100. We also updated our flexi sign to 7.6.2. Everything is great, except that I cannot get the "show me" feature to work before I send to cut. So far it is not a big deal, but when we get a longer job, I would like to be able to preview my vinyl cut area (as well as make sure it is tracking correctly.)
Any trick getting show me to work? As I said, everything else seems peachy.

Compilla

Hey,

I had the same problem I have a 5100 Graphtec. This is what I did when I was having that problem,
enable the up mode, it is probably off.

This Is How I get there on mine 5100, I think they are similar...

Click menu>next>next>next>Background settings click F2
Lenguage Selection>next
Model Emulated> next
Condition Priority> Next
Initial Blade Control> Next
Position> next
Length Unit > next
Hit F3 on Pen Up mode> to select it
enter>next>next> to the main menu hit manu again the plotter will say ready

blackbok

Compilla said:
Hey,

I had the same problem I have a 5100 Graphtec. This is what I did when I was having that problem,
enable the up mode, it is probably off.

This Is How I get there on mine 5100, I think they are similar...

Click menu>next>next>next>Background settings click F2
Lenguage Selection>next
Model Emulated> next
Condition Priority> Next
Initial Blade Control> Next
Position> next
Length Unit > next
Hit F3 on Pen Up mode> to select it
enter>next>next> to the main menu hit manu again the plotter will say ready

So you are saying it is something that needs to be adjusted on the plotter? I figured it to be a pure software issue, especially since over the last week, Flexi has been a nightmare.

First, Poll size freaked out. So the vendor I bought the cutter from says it's a firmware issue. I get the update and run it. That (unbeknownst to me) set all of the cuters prefs back to stock. That was a nightmare to figure out why it kept cutting in pen mode. Then, they tell me it is a software problem, and Flexi has a patch. Thankfully that worked, but "show me" is still no go.

Baz

I always wondered if anybody used that feature. I guess so. hehehe. I've never used it.

WVB

I have tried to use it. See what it does, but never got it to work either, I am using a Panther GRC-61.

blackbok

it's just when I'm cutting something 12' long, I would like to know that the vinyl will not go off track at 10'. with "show me", I could do a run without cutting to know I would stay within the media.

Oh yea! That is a handy little feature I would hate to not have. Besides on the long cuts and to be sure the vinyl is tracking correctly, it's a great feature to see if your plot will fit the width of the vinyl, too. You will know right away if your plot is going to get clipped or not. My Lynx will not cut the full 24 inches across and it's just nice to see if it fits on the vinyl.

Just a side question here..........anybody know what the little button next to the "show me" button is for? I think it might be labeled "interactive" but I'm not sure what it does.

Howard Keiper

The FC7000 MUST be version 1.2. The firmware version displays in the control panel when you turn the machine on.
Flexi V7.6 v2 requires a patch, downloadable now, from Flexi, that will correct the "Show Me" and "Poll Size" problems experienced when using a USB cable and the 7000.

blackbok

Howard Keiper said:
The FC7000 MUST be version 1.2. The firmware version displays in the control panel when you turn the machine on.
Flexi V7.6 v2 requires a patch, downloadable now, from Flexi, that will correct the "Show Me" and "Poll Size" problems experienced when using a USB cable and the 7000.

Yep, I figured that out the hard way, like when poll size went nuts. Lots of calls before that one got resolved. Started with a firmware upgrade on the cutter, then the patch. Poll size now works great.... show me, no go still.

I'm bummed.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You need Scanvec's 7.6v2 updater as well as the new plotter firmware. It's downloadable from Scanvec Amiable's web site. 43 horse choking megabytes. It's no yet available on a CD and I'm on a dial-up so I wait.

I can state with some authority that the Graphtec firmware alone does not fix the problem. At least the poll size still returns the size value divided by 10 with the new firmware installed.

In regards to the 'Show Me' command, as has been previously mentioned, you need to enable pen up moves. With pen up moves disabled the plotter will not physically move the pen/media in response to any PA or PR command when the pen is up. It just remembers where it's supposed to be and goes directly to those co-ordinates upon receipt of the next PD command. Since the 'Show Me' command is merely a pen up move to the four corners of the plot area, the plotter will just sit there smiling at you and not move.

Notice that the 'Working' indicator shows briefly in the plotter's display when when you invoke 'Show Me'. This indicates that valid data is being sent to the plotter at that time. It's just not moving anywhere.

It's unclear to me at this time whether the pen up move setting is accessable via software. I shouldn't think so but it's been a large number of years since I wrote any HPGL. Bog knows what things have been added to it. Regardless, just enable it in the plotter's background settings and all will be well.

Ron Helliar

interactive & show me

Just a side question here..........anybody know what the little button next to the "show me" button is for? I think it might be labeled "interactive" but I'm not sure what it does.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead, press it. I dare ya.:)
When production manager is set up correct for your plotter, interactive physically moves the cutting head to the starting point of the object your plotting realative to where you move the object in the preview window. I guess it's helpfull for using up that last 3" x 36" area on that plot that would go wasted.