• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign 7.6 and Eye candy 5 Impact

RJ California

:help: Has anyone here ever used Eye candy 5 PhotoShop filters with FlexiSign? I just bought EC 5 and I was wondering if their are tips or tricks to installing so that Flexi will find it.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Go ahead and send me the EC before you install it! I'll research all that for ya at length, and eventually post the correct answers. Oh yeah... and eventually send the EC program back, too.

RJ California

Ooooh-- Great idea Dave! Where should I send it?!
(Big tough high schooler trying to take advantage of little pre-schooler. Shame!)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Eye Candy must be a plugin for Photoshop for it to then show up in the Flexi workspace. There was another thread which mentioned that Photoshop plugins didn't show up with some versions of Photoshop. Best bet is to set it up for Photoshop and then see if it shows up in Flexi.

WVB

EC 4000 works within Flexi 7.5 and so does AlienSkin. They show up under Bitmap/Adobe Filters.

OADesign

hi folks.

it work work if you simply install info you photoshop.

you have to tell flexi where the PS plugins live.

edit > preferences > file paths > then browse to your adobe plugins folder.

then close and restart flexi and your plugins will be in: bitmap > adobe filters.

warning! doing so will increase your load time for flexi. and some not all plugin will cause flexi to hang on start up. if it happens to you. just clear your flexi preferences: progams > flexi sign pro X.X > Clear preferences.

OADesign

to be honest in not really sure if you HAVE to have PS for them to work. I think it depends on the plugin set. some will ask you were your plugins folder is during install (not specifically PS). i guess in theory you could just create a folder on you machine a point it there. I know there are some that are designed to PS specific and will look for the PS .exe and some other .dll's during install and will fail if you do not have PS or just not run in any other app. (i.e. flexi)

signdesign

warning! doing so will increase your load time for flexi. and some not all plugin will cause flexi to hang on start up. if it happens to you. just clear your flexi preferences: progams > flexi sign pro X.X > Clear preferences.
Where do you find this at in the flexi or (programs) I can't locate what your talking about. Please reply
Thanks Karen

Techman

to be honest in not really sure if you HAVE to have PS for them to work

It's been said more than once, by more than a few..
You must have PS installed with plug-ins to work..

Drip Dry

signdesign said:
Where do you find this at in the flexi or (programs) I can't locate what your talking about. Please reply
Thanks Karen

You get to Preferences from the Edit pull down menu. You can set preferences such as where you store your files, how the selection tool operates such as selecting an object by just touching it or fully enclosing it. This is also where you set the directory file path for the adobe plug-ins.

If the program hangs when starting,then one or more of the plug-ins may be the cause. You can set it back to the default settings by clearing the preferences. You get to this by clicking on the start menu.. going to the Flexi group. one of the options is to clear preferences.
I don't have the plug-ins but it seems that if it hangs, you could not install them one at a time until you find the offending one.

Jim

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Techman said:
It's been said more than once, by more than a few..
You must have PS installed with plug-ins to work..

Twaddle. I don't have PS installed and I use the Eye Candy plug-ins from Flexi daily without any problems whatsoever.

You can install them anywhere that strikes your fancy and then set the path to them in Flexi via Edit->Preferences. The only caveat is there's only one path to specify so all of the plug-ins you want to access from Flexi have to be in or at least immediately downstream from the same directory. I'm not sure how far down a directory chain Flexi will chase.