• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign 8 driver for redsail 1360c

akamaisigns

Hi everyone. I am Jason from Hawaii and I have a redsail 1360C plotter but I can't find a driver in flexisign 8 to make it work right. Does anyone know what driver to use? I have read to use the generic hpgl driver but I haven't found one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

visual800

I just checked my flexi 10 and I dont even see a redsail in output drivers. i googled it and it appears to be a cheap chinese import, you may try their website (which I couldnt find)

Steph

Actually, the Redsail plotters are good quality by Chinese standards, and pretty keenly priced in comparison with the bigger names. They were even carried by a large warehouse-type seller in the States at one stage, they may still be but I haven't checked. Either way, I bought and own the larger 52" RS1360C. It wasn't the cheapest plotter available, but it it's well built and has a laserpointer/red-dot/laser registration feature which they included on their machines well ahead of their competition. So no, it's not a cheap Chinese import, but rather one of the better Chinese imports.

I was told by the national distributor that their RS720C model is a bit fiddly to set up when cutting decals longer than a metre, as the vinyl needs to be aligned with greater care than their other models.

Steph

Steph

Hi everyone. I am Jason from Hawaii and I have a redsail 1360C plotter but I can't find a driver in flexisign 8 to make it work right. Does anyone know what driver to use? I have read to use the generic hpgl driver but I haven't found one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Jason, you need the REDSAIL driver to make it work.

Cheers,
Steph

Last edited:

Steph

Oh yeah, you should contact Vikki at vikki@redsailcutters.com and she will send you the driver to drop straight in the output driver folder of FlexiSIGN.

Oh yeah, it was Signwarehouse that used to sell the Redsail cutters, and they mainly sell all the top brands like Roland, Graphtec, etc. So they must have seen the merits of the Redsail cutter-plotters to become the US distributor for them. Again, they're better quality Chinese cutters, as well as manufacturing top of the range servo models. they also manufacture many other similar CNC-type machines, such as laser cutters, etc, etc. The main company id HF Laser and get good reviews over at the CNC Zone. Anyway, enough touting their name! :)

Steph

mark-s

If you contact Redsails they will send you the driver, takes 24 hours for reply.
Make sure you put in what version of flexi exactly, when installing.
It does work.
mark-s

Jim Doggett

Actually, the Redsail plotters are good quality by Chinese standards, and pretty keenly priced in comparison with the bigger names. They were even carried by a large warehouse-type seller in the States at one stage, they may still be but I haven't checked. Either way, I bought and own the larger 52" RS1360C. It wasn't the cheapest plotter available, but it it's well built and has a laserpointer/red-dot/laser registration feature which they included on their machines well ahead of their competition. So no, it's not a cheap Chinese import, but rather one of the better Chinese imports.

I was told by the national distributor that their RS720C model is a bit fiddly to set up when cutting decals longer than a metre, as the vinyl needs to be aligned with greater care than their other models.

Steph

Thanks Steph! Obviously we think so, too. :^) But we had some early contra-success with the Chinese cutters when they started becoming popular, which was a nightmare, with return and failure rates in the 40% range. Really awful. They're all better now, to a degree. But even that didn't convince the owners of SignWarehouse to get back into Chinese cutters.

Then I saw Redsail at a trade show, and was impressed. The build quality was vastly superior to the injection-molded junk we were seeing coming our of China. Plus Redsail is a highly respected brand in China, having been the first, best and as a result, most expensive cutters made in China. The SignWarehouse brass thought it worth another go, and let of go old fears. I chose to name it Vinyl Express R Series, since VE is our registered private label trademark, and R Series is for made by Redsail, which is also branded on the cutter, along with our R Series lable, since we believe Redsail is the premium cutter from China.

Also, with the volume we could commit to, Redsail could get the cost closer to market. We're about $100 over the cheap plastic cutters, which ain't too shabby since since they were over double the price of other Chinese cutters when we were first introduced to Redsail. And it's been a resounding success. Many 1000s are out there making vinyl signs, reliably. And we're happy that hobbyists and folks starting out have a way to get what they need and can afford.

Thanks again. I owe it to the product, but can't help feeling some personal pride. And the job security is a nice added benefit :^)

Best Regards,

Jim

Jim Doggett

Signwarehouse that used to sell the Redsail cutters ...

Still do!!! And adding new sizes when they're developed. We started with the 31 inch, but now offer an array of sizes. You can view them on our shopping Web site at: http://www.signwarehouse.com/c-VE-CT-R.html

As an aside, we also have a dedicated support site at: http://rsupport.signwarehouse.com/. Folks who own Redsail cutters that are not private labeled by us are still welcome to visit our site, and download any resources they might find useful.

And there's a community support site at: http://www.signwarehouse.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?12-Vinyl-Sign-Cutters Redsail cutter users, whether bought from us or not, are most welcome to join the conversations and get help.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Doggett

Jim, Will your cutters work with WinpcSign 2010 pro?
Thanks
mark-s

Hi Mark,

I am not certain, since most of our customers use LXi, which we include with our cutters. But you can check your driver list for Vinyl Express [model] or Redsail, Graphtec, GCC, etc. And if there's not one, WinSign should add them on request, since they're among the best-selling cutters on the planet. It's a large market for them, potentially.

Also, you can call or email our sales or support and ask them. They're working this weekend, off Monday, since we're closed.

800.699.5514 or support@signwarehouse.com.

Best, and have a great, 50% longer! weekend.

Jim

larryo

I have tried both winpcsign pro2010 and sigbgo both have a red sail driver. I use winpc sign for my work. I think both programs have a generic hpgl driver It will probly work It does on mine.

mark-s

Just got my new WinPCsign Pro 2010, Saturday.
It does list the Vinyl Express cutters and also Redsails cutters in the plotter list.
Thanks
mark-s

Steph

The Australian distributor of Redsail plotters, who I purchased my RS1360C through, actually recommends WinPC Sign Pro as the best suited to the Redsail plotters. He usually sells his plotters bundled up with the basic version of WinPC Sign. He's a WinPC distributor, so likely a little biased in its favour, but the good news is the Redsail plotters and WinPC Pro do work seamlessly together.

Steph

Jim Doggett

Hi Steph,

We just started getting that problem and are working on it. Sorry! Meanwhile, PM me your preferred login name and I'll set you up, manually, with a temp password.

Best,