• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flushing A Clogged Epson Stylus Pro 3800, 3880, SureColor P800 Printer Printhead - Without Removing Exterior Panels

UpAndPrinting

I watched a video where someone appeared to be able to service the printhead from the top of their Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer instead of having to remove all of the panels and other parts. I was excited to see this was an option because that would cut a lot of steps and risk out of the entire servicing process. However about halfway through getting the printer ready, I noticed they cut out part of the middle silver exterior panels where you can see the print head sliding left to right. I was a little frustrated that I didn’t catch that at first. But I started thinking of alternative ways to access the printhead without cutting or modifying any of the exterior panels.

After successfully performing this printhead cleaning operation, I wanted share this with the community hoping it will get someone up and printing again. ;)

Any comments are welcome! This was my very first time recording a video and using Adobe Premiere, be gentle. :)

Last edited:

netsol

if you want to "work smart" get a bottle of "piezo flush" from inkjet mall
it is by far the best for any of the epson ultrachrome k3 inks

google & watch one of the videos

you flush with piezoflush & let it sit a day or two, then do a couple cleanings
piezoflush has enough red pigment that you can see if you have cleared your clog

then it functions as a "storage fluid protecting the head

UpAndPrinting

It's so funny you mention piezo flush. I had a feeling it was going to come up when talking about flushing solutions. I completely believe that it works the best coming from Vermont Inkjet. There are many red dyed printhead flushing solutions out there under various names. I understand what you're saying about using the red dye ink. I believe that using proper timing and cleaning methods can achieve the same results without using red dye in each color channel. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure the stuff works great. I'm going to be checking out their ConeColor series inks down the road.

netsol

It's so funny you mention piezo flush. I had a feeling it was going to come up when talking about flushing solutions. I completely believe that it works the best coming from Vermont Inkjet. There are many red dyed printhead flushing solutions out there under various names. I understand what you're saying about using the red dye ink. I believe that using proper timing and cleaning methods can achieve the same results without using red dye in each color channel. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure the stuff works great. I'm going to be checking out their ConeColor series inks down the road.
i sent you a PM