• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Foil Cracking

I have ran our Gerber Edge FX's now for 14 years, so I have experience with the printer and most problems. However this one printer only the lemon yellow foil has voids like cracking all along the bottom edge only. I have adjusted the heat settings from normal to hot as well as the overprint and changed the foil cartridge and even a new foil. Its only on this printer 1 of our 3 printers. Not sure what else to try before calling Gerber which I'm not happy with them at the moment. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
Cracking.jpg

The part is too long to rotate. I switched to one of the other Edge printers and its running fine. I might have to adjust the print head down pressure on this printer. Thanks for the help guys.

Titch Sanders

Not quite connected, however.. I'm having terrible issues, similar, with Black..GCS12 & GCX12.. more with GCS12 to be fair.
I'll put a post up on this..but hell, don't we have to work at this...
Titch Sanders (UK)

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've run into this lots on our Edge2 printing on Lexedge, which looks like what you're doing. Mostly when backing up with white.

I'm pretty sure Gerber's only suggestion was to lower temp on white when printing, but it never 100% went away. Like jfiscus suggested, printing full height seems to help with the uneven tension and solves the issue most of the time.

Clifford

Looks like uneven tension from top to bottom. Can you add some sacrificial extra yellow along the bottom to add some more pull down there?
I've had to rotate some designs 180 degrees to get an Edge to print them correctly before also.
Other than pulling down more material, if that does not work, is there a mechanical fix in the Edge or is it always the foil?