• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foil sticks to print head

artofacks1

Let two jobs the foil is sticking to the print head.

Print white and the foil gets stuck to the print head. Than the next color there is dead spots Cus the of that. I clean it and the problem seems to return.

Any any advice or ideas why this is happening?

gabagoo

What brand of foil? I notice that when I use certain Duracoat foils I can hear a sticking sound, but it never actually sticks to the head, although sometimes when opening the lid after a run the foil seems to rip a bit. Maybe the heat is too high on certain foils?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Three possibilities come to mind ...

1. Heat is set too high.

2. The foil liner is defective or contaminated.

3. The foil is wound backwards so that the resin side is in direct contact with the print head.

artofacks1

What brand of foil? I notice that when I use certain Duracoat foils I can hear a sticking sound, but it never actually sticks to the head, although sometimes when opening the lid after a run the foil seems to rip a bit. Maybe the heat is too high on certain foils?

M gerber white, I've used this heat setting all the time. Just what omega sets it at. I choose white and print pretty much.

Anychamce you can help me to change the setting so I can try different one?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
M gerber white, I've used this heat setting all the time. Just what omega sets it at. I choose white and print pretty much.

Anychamce you can help me to change the setting so I can try different one?

In GSPPlot ...

Open Print Options (F11). Click the Settings button to adjust the overall heat settings for the vinyl. Right click on any foil color and then on "Heat" from the popout menu to change the heat setting for that foil.