• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help needed!

Artist369

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• excalibur.jpg
    excalibur.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 72

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Usually anything that's on a car like that is gonna be custom. Have you check Brands of the World? Maybe they'll have a copy of it.

Artist369

nope, tried there. It is a classic conversion van, customer had it painted somewhere and they threw away the emblem.

cpgraphix

Painting it would be the best way, but if you can't or the customer requires vinyl for some reason, I would take a good picture and print it out, next I would use a piece of transfer paper of the original print and use a fine felt tip sharpie to trace, then scan it into your software and use your tracing capabilies to turn it into vector. Works great for me!
You may have to do some clean up but 9 times out of 10 if you take your time on the tracing you won't have to at all.. just make sure your not using a marker that bleeds out on the paper..

For some reason it comes out ragged after clean up, i would go ahead and cut it on a scrap of black vinyl and use my xacto to hand trim and clean it up, then rescan and you should have a nice clean vector of the emblem.