• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font I.D. please

Buddy

This is a "do over".....uploaded a better photo this time. Hoping to I.D. this FONT.

thanks,
BUDDY

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 169

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Disagree on Galliard. This was answered correctly yesterday. The font that was used to start is Trajan Bold. It appears to have been bolded up further with strokes and the rest of the variance is due to the bad image.

06f4d4184b7ee300a1016abb1d6795ce.png

Buddy

further checking....I agree Fred. Definately not Gilliard family. The tops of the letters disagree with the sample.

There's some FONT that also has the larger caps but I can create tha easy enough. I don't have Trajan and not real crazy about buying it for one job....since I have close to 4,000 other fonts.

Font matching is a pain....I like to be the one who picks the font. Customers should have to only choose from what you give them.

thanks,
BUDDY

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
further checking....I agree Fred. Definately not Gilliard family. The tops of the letters disagree with the sample.

There's some FONT that also has the larger caps but I can create tha easy enough. I don't have Trajan and not real crazy about buying it for one job....since I have close to 4,000 other fonts.

Font matching is a pain....I like to be the one who picks the font. Customers should have to only choose from what you give them.

thanks,
BUDDY

I'm kind of surprised that this is your first call for Trajan. It was a top ten seller for Adobe for several years and is to a point of overuse in movie titles and other areas. Over on Palm Beach, at least half the businesses there use Trajan. The design was based on carved letters in the "Trajan Steps" of ancient Rome ... hence it's all caps. It has a high subliminal message of wealth and class.

As to the small caps setup, you can either superscript one or the other weights. The nicest results will be had by using regular for the initial cap and then using bold for the small caps.

I personally don't see the problem in buying it though. If the client wants it then add it onto his bill and you've got 4001 fonts instead of just 4000.

Buddy

I already have the price established for the sign is he reason I don't want to purchase. But I've searched for so long now...I'm loosing $$ in time wasted.

I'll buy it I guess.

I have had a font like that before but looked and couldn't find it. It's easily identifable with the sans-seriff tops of some letters.

Font on !!

thanks,
BUDDY