• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID help, Please

CAHEK

Hello Everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I need help identifying all 3 fonts ("1128", "Independent", "<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>CAB</st1:City><st1:State>CO</st1:State></st1:place>"). All attempts matching to fonts installed on my system did not bring any good results. Please help<o:p></o:p>

Resize%20of%20IMG_5789.jpg
Resize%20of%20IMG_5767.jpg

Also, does anyone use "Imagaro Z" software from Graphical Systems USA to vectorize or do font recognition? I saw demonstration at the Long Beach Show couple of weeks back, but was wondering if someone has personal experience and opinion on the software<o:p></o:p>

Thank You<o:p></o:p>

2972renfro

I tried Imagaro demo for vectorizing. It seemed to work pretty well on logos, icons and such that don't demand great precision. It also depends on the quality of the original. For fonts and logos that require better quality or for lower quality jpegs grabbed from websites, I still prefer to send my jobs to the vectordoctor.com Their prices are pretty low - low enough to make learning how to use/buy some new program, not really worth my time or money.

I did not try the font recognition program, but that's what this forum is so good at. ;)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No match ... sorry. CAB CO looks to be heavily modified. Arched line appears to be one of the many Helvetica or Swiss family members. No idea on the numbers.

Any time a font gets modified all automated identification is out the window. I use FontExpert but Imagero would do no better. The problem I have with that product is that it isn't really identifying anything. It is substituting the closest installed font on your system for what it sees. I have 1,000's of fonts. Most are not installed. If I am looking for a match, I don't want to be limited to what happens to be installed at that moment.

2972renfro

btw, independent appears to just be helvetica medium or bold, condensed a bit, Cab co. is very close to Compacta, not sure on those numbers.

CAHEK

Thank You Guys for all the help.

Doug, those letters are done in vinyl, I tried to keep pictures small for the forum so it lost some detail.

2972renfro, great idea with Compacta, does look like its a little modification away from being right on.

What would be some tips and tricks on coming up with the font faster? I was opening each picture in photoshop and then typing text to the side and just going down the list changing fonts, seeing words changing shape and comparing them to the original... This must be the slowest process out there :)

Fred, thank you for the info on the topic, and also:
Great website. I've picked up a lot of info here that’s helping me to start in the business on the right foot.

Guys
:U Rock: