• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font id please

dclet

Font? anyone?

Attachments

• new-1.jpg
    new-1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 68

gabagoo

in my signlab book it is gates , not sure what the real name may be. Well at least we know it starts with a "G"

GP

Fred-

I know you have been doing this for a while, but how do you guys know all these? Just know that you have seen it, and go searching? Or do you actually have these committed to memory? I have used linotype.com as a resource, but is there a good way to search for fonts?

It is rather sporting and I wish I could pick it up...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred-

I know you have been doing this for a while, but how do you guys know all these? Just know that you have seen it, and go searching? Or do you actually have these committed to memory? I have used linotype.com as a resource, but is there a good way to search for fonts?

It is rather sporting and I wish I could pick it up...

I have a huge library of fonts and have added them into the database of FontExpert 3.0 ... so if I have a decent art sample I can run an automated search in a minute or two. Photos and distorted text don't work so well.

In addition, I do have a lot of time in dealing with fonts, so I not only recognize a lot of them, I also know what to look for for manually tracking them down. For that I use a font manager named TypoGraf to browse my categorized font archives.