• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font manager?

signwizz

does anyone use them i use to use adobe type manager no i have windows 8 and it wont work any suggestions?
thanks
shane

TimToad

I use Suitcase Fusion 3 on the MAC I use most of the time. Its got its good features and not so good features like any other program i suppose.

Z SIGNS

Never found font managers very useful.

I guess if your a replicator it's a handy tool

I've been happy with the same two dozen type styles I've been using for a long time.

We recently expanded our type style arsenal to 3 dozen from these folks
http://www.letterheadfonts.com/

I am curious.
What exactly does a font manager do for your creative process ?

HansNZsignman

I have about 15000 fonts on my design computer.
If Adobe has to load all those fonts into memory on app launch (which it will and every loaded font gobbles a Mb of memory) my pc would slow to a crawl and be un-usable.
With my Font Manager (there a heaps of them available online) i only have the Windows default fonts and those in the job I am working on loaded into memory.

player

I use the font manager from Corel. I use it to check out what a word or phrase will look like in different fonts and also to see the extras included with the font.
It will also search my computer for fonts, and adds and removes them. As well shows the number of fonts loaded. Sorts them by type and style.

Salmoneye

I use X-Fonter, it's only like $20 and you download directly from the developer. He seems to always be upgrading and will andswer questions via e-mail himself! I have been really happy.