• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fonts with alternate characters?

keptquiet

i know this is vague, but what are some good fonts or font collections with alternate characters?

what im looking for is a good font for some sandblasted signs that have the elongation of certain characters, like the tops and/or bottoms of the k's, r's, H's etc to be used at the begging and ending of the type, if that makes sense.

I have a sandblasted sign to do, that says "Humphrey Heights", and they want a "classy font" used, and i want to have the elongations without having to add it manually.

any suggestions?

thanks

ChiknNutz

The SignFonts collection has some alternate characters like that, but are more for the end of words like "r", "s", "g", "h" and others.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I was thinking of the same fonts. There's no reason you couldn't mirror some of the swashes and weld them to opening characters.