• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

for Dr. Seuss

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I long for the good old days when he was made from real potatoes

potato head.jpg

ikarasu

I think this is more a case of no one bought these anymore, so let's put out a PR piece to look good and capatalize on some free publicity.

If it was "cancel" culture.... All of his work would be canceled and he'd be labeled a racist... Not just a few unknown books by him. Have you guys looked at what they're saying is racist? You'd have to have something seriously wrong with you to consider it unacceptable.... Even the nuts who cry about everything couldn't make the connection these guys are.

• Agree
Reactions: JCP

Stacey K

I like making signs
The same people complaining about Dr. Seuss are just fine with this stuff..
After listening to this the Devil in the rock music is nothing!

That is really a very naughty song, I was embarrassed to listen to it and I'm by myself! I can't imagine there could be a video to go along with this...yikes! EDIT: There's a video. :eek:

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
After listening to this the Devil in the rock music is nothing!

That is really a very naughty song, I was embarrassed to listen to it and I'm by myself! I can't imagine there could be a video to go along with this...yikes! EDIT: There's a video. :eek:

I though the "bottom feeder" verse was funny.

KMC

Graphic Artist
When Elvis was on the Ed Sullivan show in the late 50s and 60s, they would not show him from the waste down. It was censored because of his "sexual gyrating". But now we have TV commercials about vaginal leakage. But Dr. Seuss, drawing racist Chinaman and Africans, "ComeOn Man".

... AND "vaginal leakage" commercials are relevant to this how?
is it the blood ? its the blood isn't it? are you scared of blood?

Bly

You're always able to say and to some extent do whatever you want. If it should offend someone so much the better.

If you don't use an ICC colour managed workflow you're turning out rubbish.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't get it ??

Aren't crows black ?? Aren't chinese people yellow ?? Don't they use chopsticks ?? Are Africans black ??

Bly

Wow. Is this the whitest forum ever??
You realise children are being fed these stereotypical racist images which reinforce white supremacy... uh probably not.

I guess dinosaurs didn't evolve and just died out..

Stacey K

I like making signs
I really don't get it either. You have to point it out to most people which means most kids will never see the connection.

Another word that is now derogatory is "Pumpkin". My son got in trouble at school 2 weeks ago for yelling Pumpkin down the hallway. There's a video of a guy asking challenged people what their favorite vegetable is and in the video a guy yelled Pumpkin...so of course my son had to mimic him and do it too. Not AT anyone...just down the hallway to get a laugh. It's calling bullying now. He really didn't understand who he was bullying, which was really nobody but everyone...IDK. It's getting ridiculous these days.

Bly

I really don't get it either. You have to point it out to most people which means most kids will never see the connection.

Another word that is now derogatory is "Pumpkin". My son got in trouble at school 2 weeks ago for yelling Pumpkin down the hallway. There's a video of a guy asking challenged people what their favorite vegetable is and in the video a guy yelled Pumpkin...so of course my son had to mimic him and do it too. Not AT anyone...just down the hallway to get a laugh. It's calling bullying now. He really didn't understand who he was bullying, which was really nobody but everyone...IDK. It's getting ridiculous these days.

ok Karen