• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

for Dr. Seuss

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I really don't get it either. You have to point it out to most people which means most kids will never see the connection.

Another word that is now derogatory is "Pumpkin". My son got in trouble at school 2 weeks ago for yelling Pumpkin down the hallway. There's a video of a guy asking challenged people what their favorite vegetable is and in the video a guy yelled Pumpkin...so of course my son had to mimic him and do it too. Not AT anyone...just down the hallway to get a laugh. It's calling bullying now. He really didn't understand who he was bullying, which was really nobody but everyone...IDK. It's getting ridiculous these days.
I call my daughter pumpkin. I'm in trouble when she get's wind of this one.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
The crows were my favorite side characters in dumbo, and I wasn't some racist toddler; they just seemed to have a lot of fun and enjoy themselves.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Don't leave out pepe lepew. I don't understand how people get their panties in a wad over this stuff. When are the southern white people gonna start protesting all of the redneck farmer characters like Elmer Fudd? What about the Beverly Hillbillies? The Brady Bunch was a stereotypical depiction of a white middle class family. I get it if it is one sided but nobody is left out here. Being a victim is en vogue right now

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does this all mean it's gonna be racist to eat crow ?? If I order Chinese food for take-out and request chopsticks to go along with it, will the cashier tell me to leave ?? If I watch 'King Kong', will I be in trouble if I watch the part where the big ape gobbles up the villagers ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
Looks like I am moving to La, my people have finally been recognized. I wonder what our flag will look like.

“Fat, short, unattractive” people
, females and individuals without children are among the groups facing “oppression” or “resistance,” according to a graphic allegedly given to eighth-graders at a California prep school.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/la-pr...-fat-short-unattractive-people-are-oppressed/
That is quite the eye chart! Must have been made by a Karen ;)

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Oh c'mon. The Dr. Suess books have not been banned by anyone or cancelled.
They are just not being printed anymore.
Dr Seuss company took the books out of circulation because they portrayed people in ways that are hurtful and wrong. They were approached by groups to cancel them.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Wow. Is this the whitest forum ever??
You realise children are being fed these stereotypical racist images which reinforce white supremacy... uh probably not.

I guess dinosaurs didn't evolve and just died out..

Twaddle. There's only one race, human. The least important thing about people is their physical characteristics. The only difference between poeple is cultural. Cultures differ and some are preferable to others. Some vastly preferable.

People that seem to spend their time desperately seeking to be offended are endlessly entertaining. Worse yet are those going about attempting to protect others from these mostly non-existent unpleasantnesses.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Looks like I am moving to La, my people have finally been recognized. I wonder what our flag will look like.

“Fat, short, unattractive” people
, females and individuals without children are among the groups facing “oppression” or “resistance,” according to a graphic allegedly given to eighth-graders at a California prep school.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/la-pr...-fat-short-unattractive-people-are-oppressed/
If you identify as "Trans-slender" you get moved up a few notches, making you more priviledged!

Attachments

• IMG_2788.JPG
    IMG_2788.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 97