• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For everyone thinking of purchasing a Summa, specifically F1612, don't.

Signscorp

Stay strong out there Hulk. Honestly threads like this are good for the forum. Getting a 50,000-100,000 lemon with nobody to fix it is a big deal.

Hope they get back to you.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Call and discuss what exactly, Adam? Do you even still have this machine or just flinging mud for no apparent reason at all? This is all well documented and if anyone has any questions about what happened you can reach out to me and I would be happy to provide all the details. Given Adam's history of abuse with myself and our staff we will not be contacting him and I don't believe he even has the machine anymore so it would be a pointless conversation.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this I can easily be reached here or by phone/email using my contact info below.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Charlie J

I recently bought a used F1612, and I had a great experience with Airmark. They were able to send me all the parts I needed, and even had one of their techs come in and train us on the machine.

For what it's worth anyways.

HulkSmash

Call and discuss what exactly, Adam? Do you even still have this machine or just flinging mud for no apparent reason at all? This is all well documented and if anyone has any questions about what happened you can reach out to me and I would be happy to provide all the details. Given Adam's history of abuse with myself and our staff we will not be contacting him and I don't believe he even has the machine anymore so it would be a pointless conversation.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this I can easily be reached here or by phone/email using my contact info below.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Yes I still have the machine. And yes I still get device read failure with cuts constantly canceling. Yes I'm upset airmark refused to back a client that paid 60k for a machine. Yes I hate summa for cancelling my warranty because they couldn't fix my problem. They lied and said I was an isolated issue and no one else had it .. but weeks later they release a new board that fixes all the issues and gave it to people for free except me.

Phil, you lie. You say I was abusive to you and your staff. You said I cursed at you. I don't curse. There was heated conversations but not without Merrit. I recorded every conversation after month 4 of owning the machine. I have them in a Google drive that I would gladly post for the world to see. That way everyone can see how "abusive" I was. I warn you - it will not support your claims. Your owner is the only level headed person at airmark, you shouldn't be employed there..you treated me horribly during my frustration period, constantly blammed user error only to find out it was F performance blowing my modules left and right. You are in the wrong seat at that company.

HulkSmash

At this point I'm over the entire situation. I'm super disappointed in how I was treated through the process. I was pretty upset with airmark but Dave at summa is really who we had issues with. But for some reason Phil keeps telling people I was abusive, some would call that defamation.

Wrap Colorado

Wrap Colorado
At this point I'm over the entire situation. I'm super disappointed in how I was treated through the process. I was pretty upset with airmark but Dave at summa is really who we had issues with. But for some reason Phil keeps telling people I was abusive, some would call that defamation.
You’re both saying the same thing about each other at this point. I’ve been seriously interested in a flatbed for some years now and have been digging deeper into it the past few days, and this feud just keeps popping up in the middle of everything.

I get it… My summa roll cutter was trouble from day one . I had nothing but issues, but no one could really explain why. I was pretty upset myself, I swore off the brand, but eventually just adapted and got over it. It causes a bit of errors, but at the end of the day, I cause more errors in more areas than the cutter does. I am also “down” far more often than my equipment due to injuries.

So is your flatbed fixed, is what I want to know? Did you get a new board? How much was the new board? Could you install it and get everything back up and running on your own without the help of any tech support?

NITOS

Wow, after reading this I now find out I'm not the only one with a Summa cutter with it randomly not reading marks and stopping/cancelling half way through jobs

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Wow, after reading this I now find out I'm not the only one with a Summa cutter with it randomly not reading marks and stopping/cancelling half way through jobs
Yeah, same here. We've run all day vinyl cut jobs and it will work fine for most of the day then just start dropping jobs halfway through. Blew one slot on our board a few months back then finally blew the second one just before the holidays. Board wasn't terribly expensive or hard to swap, but it's definitely frustrating that we had to pay for a part that they knew wasn't adequate and has since improved. When I asked our dealer about it they just denied it.

Oh well. It still does a good job most of the time but I would have a close look at all the other brands before buying another Summa flatbed. For what we paid.......... I guess we got what we paid for.

ProColorGraphics

Yeah, same here. We've run all day vinyl cut jobs and it will work fine for most of the day then just start dropping jobs halfway through. Blew one slot on our board a few months back then finally blew the second one just before the holidays. Board wasn't terribly expensive or hard to swap, but it's definitely frustrating that we had to pay for a part that they knew wasn't adequate and has since improved. When I asked our dealer about it they just denied it.

Oh well. It still does a good job most of the time but I would have a close look at all the other brands before buying another Summa flatbed. For what we paid.......... I guess we got what we paid for.
I think I have only had that happen once or twice in the 4-5 years I have had mine. I also switched over to using the full version of Optiscout too. As I didn't care for GoProduce.

Shenzhen Oyea

TOM ZUND – TORIELLI ELITRON COMELZ ESKO TALAMONTI
Summa F Series - POT Pneumatic Oscillating Tool Knives / Knife Blades
500-9830: POT Knife Flat Point L20 T0.63

General use for materials up to 18mm thick
Typical material: honeycomb board, extruded polystyreen, insulation, rubber (lower speed)
Typical speed: 200mm/sec

500-9831: POT Knife Flat Point L27 T0.63

General use for materials between 18-25mm
Typical material: honeycomb board
Typical speed: 100mm/sec

500-9832: POT Knife Flat Point L20 T1.5

More sturdy knife (thickness of the blade is 1.5mm vs 0.63mm)
Material up to 18mm thick
Typical material: Corrugated plastic / Polycarbonate, Twinwall plastic
Typical speed: 150mm/sec

500-9833: POT knife Serrated L27 T1.0

Serrated knife
Material up to 25mm thick
Typical material: Soft foams
Low speed <50mm/sec

500-9834: POT Knife Point L20 T1.0
8.png