• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For the love of wine...and science.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yeah, but would you have listened ??

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Speaking from experience, all that's required is that a teacher blow up a few things...or create a stench that permeates the entire school...or perhaps mix some incompatible substances like water and potassium....and they'll have you hooked for the rest of the year. I'm sorry, but English teachers just don't have those kinds of superpowers.

I've been out of high school nearly 40 years and I still love anything related to biology, chemistry and physics.

JB

And for the uninitiated:

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I always liked Home EC. I always got along well with the other students. I wore patent leather shoes.

James Burke

I always liked Home EC. I always got along well with the other students. I wore patent leather shoes.

Back in the 70s, we dudes were required to take six weeks of sewing and six weeks of cooking. And babes were right beside us in metal shop and wood shop. I still remember one particular eighth-grade cutie that looked exceptionally hot in welding goggles and leathers.

I feel bad for the kids today.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ohhh..... they were teaching metrosexulism then aleady ?? Didn't know that ?? That's Okay, you still seem Okay. I flunked my class, but I hadda a lotta fun in it................................

James Burke

Ohhh..... they were teaching metrosexulism then aleady ?? Didn't know that ?? That's Okay, you still seem Okay. I flunked my class, but I hadda a lotta fun in it................................

On the contrary...and had you polled society back then, a majority wouldn't have had a clue what you were talking about. I think you're old enough to remember when school was just "school"...and aside from segregation years prior, there were no agendas to push.

For us, it was nothing more than life skills.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, they knew what it was back then and what they were doing shoving it down their throats, but they called it something else.

I was outta school by the 70s. :rock-n-roll: