• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For the "old timers"....remember these things?

SignosaurusRex

My first set of wrenches. Finally figured its time for them to go. I got them when I was about 9 or 10 years old and they fit everything on my bicycle and just about everything else around......not anymore. :covereyes:
My, my.....times sure have changed. Now I need an entire 16 drawer roll-around cabinet for just the small stuff.:banghead:

Attachments

• PICT0124.JPG
    PICT0124.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 87

Fatboy

My first set of wrenches. Finally figured its time for them to go. I got them when I was about 9 or 10 years old and they fit everything on my bicycle and just about everything else around......not anymore. :covereyes:
My, my.....times sure have changed. Now I need an entire 16 drawer roll-around cabinet for just the small stuff.:banghead:
Don't let go off them...keep them for your children as a momento.

SignosaurusRex

Don't let go off them...keep them for your children as a momento.

I tried giving 'em to them......In A polite and round-about way they said they did not have room in their toolbox for them. My oldest boy has a set that puts mine to shame and the youngest only needs metric..........go figure! Maybe I'll hang on to them for fun and let them deal with it when I'm gone. Maybe then they will want them for momentos of the old man and his reputation as a 'Tool Nazi'!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fatboy

LOL..Keep them cause one day they will see the value in them.I have the most funny things that I inherited from my dad.At the time I thought it stupid....now that he passed away I recon they are my most priced posessions.:beer

signage

Rex if those were kept in your hunting vehicle I bet you could still fix something when stuck out in the middle of nowhere! If you give or through them away you may be sorry:banghead: With your old knowledge you could fix almost anything if you also had that old screwdriver set and pliers:rolleyes:

CrabbyOldGuy

My Dad has been collecting old monkey wrenches for the last several years. He spent his life in maintenance and started out with most of those type of tools. Now he has complete sets from different manufacturers. I figure he has about 3oo pounds of steel wrenches hanging from his "office" walls. Most are between 70 to 100 years old. Not my hobby but, he likes them.

Billct2

Sure do remember them, don't let them go!
I had different wrench for my bike, it was a little thing with two heads that were like a ball with each face having a different wrench hole.

jscarl

Maby you better put them in your pocket an try to take them with you, where your going. You just might need them.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SignosaurusRex

Rex if those were kept in your hunting vehicle I bet you could still fix something when stuck out in the middle of nowhere! If you give or through them away you may be sorry With your old knowledge you could fix almost anything if you also had that old screwdriver set and pliers
All of my vehicles have a sizable tool kit in them, especially my hunting truck!
I still have the old pliers set and the matching set of right angle wrenches and the screwdrivers went to one of my sons. Those he could use.:smile:

Sure do remember them, don't let them go!
I had different wrench for my bike, it was a little thing with two heads that were like a ball with each face having a different wrench hole.
I still have that one too!:doh:

Maby you better put them in your pocket an try to take them with you, where your going. You just might need them.
Would that be 'Tool Nazi Hell'?:omg:

Keep them for when you start your own dodgeball team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXP9yoc4VY

With all my wrenches.......I'd be one helluva wrench throwing MF. I used to have one that is 5' long open end 5" & 6". My mechanic friend now has it hanging on his wall. I inherited it and have no clue to what it was used for. Forget throwing that one!:covereyes:

I guess I should keep them for a while longer.......at least they are 'Made in the U.S.A. and wont ever break!

signage

SignosaurusRex;708006I guess I should keep them for a while longer.......at least they are '[COLOR=Red said:
Made in the U.S.A.[/COLOR] and wont ever break!

Yea the way things are heading people will be wondering where that is/was:rolleyes: