• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford Escape Pricing (not a wrap)

artsnletters

I laid this out according to the company's basic logo design applying to a new(er) Ford Escape mini SUV. Unfortunately i was unable to find an exact layout for a 2008-9 model. Anyway, the job will be all 3M reflective including a contour cut digital printed light standard using black, white and red.
I was going to bid the job at $700 which included my design time to layout & e-mail templates to customer. After all comps were done, i was informed that they would be potentially shopping bid around, most likely using my layouts. The drag about that as it is always easier to bid something when someone has already done the hard work for you. Am i in the ballpark or just worrying about nothing?

Tim

Attachments

• REPUBLIC-escape-REV1.pdf
    138.3 KB · Views: 131

R08

Are you kidding??
Who's idea was it for them to just take YOUR layout and show it around.
I'd be furious if I found a customer doing that.

Your artwork is your property. If they use it... they owe you for it.

CentralSigns

Nice job artsnletters. They have no right to send your work around, without paying for it. I thought your price was ok too.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Never release a sketch without a deposit and always have your company information on it along with watermarks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Bid the job at whatever price you feel is fair for design, fabrication and application. Don't give them any drawings unless they intend to pay you up front.

I always do thumbnails for the customer while they're standing there. Gets 'em crazy with anticipation... seeing their logo and artwork come to life in a matter of minutes. When they ask for that... you say.... No-Can-Do there, skippy. That's mine and for my notes only. Once you put a deposit down, then we'll give you drawings. I proceed to tell them that there are a lot of guys/gals out there that can't create squat. We're not one of them, therefore our drawing remain on site.

If they don't like it.... nor respect you for your business decision... tell 'em to go pound sand. You don't work for free for anyone....... except your wife.

JR's

Originally Posted by Gino Bid the job at whatever price you feel is fair for design, fabrication and application. Don't give them any drawings unless they intend to pay you up front.

I always do thumbnails for the customer while they're standing there. Gets 'em crazy with anticipation... seeing their logo and artwork come to life in a matter of minutes. When they ask for that... you say.... No-Can-Do there, skippy. That's mine and for my notes only. Once you put a deposit down, then we'll give you drawings. I proceed to tell them that there are a lot of guys/gals out there that can't create squat. We're not one of them, therefore our drawing remain on site.

If they don't like it.... nor respect you for your business decision... tell 'em to go pound sand. You don't work for free for anyone....... except your wife.

:thumb: :thumb:

JR

artsnletters

thanks for the replies...i'd still appreciate some pricing advice as a hundred bucks either way MAY make or break me getting the job. When i agreed to do some proofs i was unaware of this particular companies corporate structure, meaning i thought i did a pleasing design sticking to established corporate standards...just submit a reasonable price and do the damn thing. Well, after the fact, i'm clued in to the design needing corporate approval from upstairs/upstate whatever, and that they would be probably running the job thru other vendors. :banghead:

I guess i just feel silly : One) there isn't an exact 2009 Ford Escape template on the market (so i modified an earlier one slightly just to illustrate placement and design)...Two) the guy bringing me the job is a pretty good friend and employee of Company. I just hate being first bid in as its easy to re-adjust subsequent bids (by other companies) by a few bucks to close the sale.
Not to mention when bidding some folks don't stick to apples/apples materials comparison, further muddying up the mix.

Rant over...
Tim

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you would like some real numbers.... most of the members tend to shy away from giving prices out unless they are in the 'Premium' section.

Call us weird.... call us dumb, but we're not sharing prices with lurkers and others that might be watching the threads. This is to protect you as well as everyone else so that we can keep some important information out of JOE PUBLICK's hands to use against us.

If you'd like to look into this further.... check out joining the 'Premium Subscriber's group.

Zambookajoe

I would explain to your buddy that, Its not like that and that hes a bit disrespectfull, cause if someone would do that to me Id tell to go $/%"%%
HIMSELF.

make the other bid with there own designs or make him pay for your work before the competitions sees your design.

end of story

I've dealt with some security companies...unfortunately there are a couple of large companies that specialize in those types of graphics as well as the lights and sirens. I can't remember the name off the top of my head but their reflective graphics are cheap. If you google "security vehicle decals" or search through the forums you can probably find them and their prices are listed. That might be a good place to start.