• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford in the business of selling "wraps/graphics"

I guess it's kinda like when you become a famous singer - you can also act, and write books.

I guess since they make cars, they can do graphics, wraps, etc.

CES020

The domain isn't owned by Ford, it's owned by a place called "Original Wraps".

It isn't Ford that's doing the wraps, it's Original Wraps from what it says on their website.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The domain isn't owned by Ford, it's owned by a place called "Original Wraps".

It isn't Ford that's doing the wraps, it's Original Wraps from what it says on their website.

Most likely under a "license" that pays a royalty to Ford......

What the exact relationship is, I can't say ... but Ford is definitely involved and heavily. The Ford logo is prominently displayed and the site is tied into a Ford dealer locater.

The Original Wraps website doesn't mention the Ford relationship, but does mention "partnerships" with BMW, Cooper and others.

CES020

On the contrary Fred, it does say they are working with Ford on their website. It even said you can order the package from the dealership or from your computer.

I don't doubt there is a partnership, I just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't Ford doing this themselves, it's a wrap company that's associated with Ford.

Someone landed a whale, that's for sure. Nothing like having Ford dealers sell your work for you all day, everyday.

CES020

I just ran through a Ford site, ordering a car and the package is there. It's $150 to add a graphics package and the choices are VERY limited. I didn't see anything that looked remotely cool, but that's just me.

Anyway, $150 ain't much.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just ran through a Ford site, ordering a car and the package is there. It's $150 to add a graphics package and the choices are VERY limited. I didn't see anything that looked remotely cool, but that's just me.

Anyway, $150 ain't much.

That seems way low.

I wonder if they are reaching out to independent installers to affiliate with them or training dealership employees to do the installs.

andy

I expect that 80% of the people looking at that site will simply pick a design, print out a copy and take it to a local sign shop.

CES020

Here's the link to build a car, and one of the options shows it. It's after the interior options.....

http://bp2.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/2011-Ford-Fiesta#page=/Style/

Here's the wording when you pull up the "details" :

$150 | $3 A MONTH
There are several Ford Licensed Accessories body side graphic designs by Original Wraps available for you to choose. Professionally installed for you, these graphics are warranted directly by Original Wraps. Visit www.fordfiestagraphics.com for more details and to see available designs. Available on Fiesta SE and SES/SEL models. This is a Ford-licensed accessory. See your dealer for limited-warranty information and other product details.

ProWraps

so $150 eh... $50 to the wrap company, $50 to the insaller (dealer), and $50 to ford. man we sure missed out on that one!

letterman7

$150 seems way low to me, too. The last set of stripes I installed on a Mustang - provided by the dealer - was listed on the window sticker as an option for $1200.00. And no, I'm not kidding. I couldn't get that for striping a car if I tried!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Scion did the same thing on thier website. Appealing to the Gen Xer's, guess how many people actually order them that way. Everyone wan't to drive away from the lot in a car. Nobody like waiting for special order cars...especially not youngsters who would buy those ugly graphiced cars.

Mosh

My aunt has a flower shop and got an HHR (Chevy) with no side windows to use as a delivery car. Commercial lettering was an option for her, don't know if it was GM or just the dealership. She had me wrap it anyway, now I get free flowers.