• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Forgot A Contour Cut...Again!

JamesLam

So just goofing around and still learning the ins and outs of Flexi and our Summa D160. Added two items to Flexi, set it up to print 50 sets, thought I did what needed to be done and sent the file for print and cut. After the job finished printing and I went to RIP the cut, I realized that I had cut lines for one of the objects. Am I toast or can this be fixed?

Snydo

If it's an inner cut you should be able to fix it, as long as the job dimensions are the same as the original when your done fixing your cut file.
A good habit of get into doing is using 'Select by attribute' under the Edit tab, just check your contour from the list and it will highlight all of them.

Last edited:

gabagoo

I know that if you saved the file in Flexi the way that you sent it for output, you could go in and add the secondary cut and then send the job out for print, but don't print it and then you have a new contour cut file in prod manager.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
57445-1101-2-3ww-l.jpg
MethPipe.jpg

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
What gabagoo said.... as long as you have saved the Flexi file just add the additional cut line and send the entire job again exactly as you did the first time (make sure to set the print job to "hold in list") and just do not print the job. Then you will have the cut job(s) waiting to run.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Glad onyx has a warning before you try print any job with cutter marks if it doesn’t see any cut data. Other designer loves to call it a CutContour and not save it as a spot colour..

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
As Syndo said: If it's an inner cut you should be able to fix it, as long as the job dimensions are the same as the original when your done fixing your cut file.
Then open your print window then the cutting window, drop down box on upper right corner select contour cut only then send.
Before closing out of print window, go to that drop down box and select "as seperate job" then close and save.
If you dont do the last step the next time you send this job to print, you will peel the skin off your face screeming why isnt it printing everything else is.

JamesLam

So just goofing around and still learning the ins and outs of Flexi and our Summa D160. Added two items to Flexi, set it up to print 50 sets, thought I did what needed to be done and sent the file for print and cut. After the job finished printing and I went to RIP the cut, I realized that I had cut lines for one of the objects. Am I toast or can this be fixed?
Wow, these are all great tips. Too bad I didn't save the file, as I said I was goofing around. Now, assuming I did save the file and was able to amend it, I had used the barcode for the cutting. Would the barcode not change with the new print?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
No it will not change, If it's an inner cut and dimensions do not change (spacing, size) are the same as the original when your done adding the cut line.