• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Found A Slightly Used Dried Up Sp300v

Maxon70

There is a used Roland sp300v close to me and I can get it for a fairly good price I think, The only problem is these guys bought this machine and used it to wrap their business vehicles then unplugged it and it sat for about a year, so now it wont print and a guy told them that they need new heads so they are selling it, they haven't tried to recover the heads or anything, they are a tree nursery and not a print shop so they dont know alot about these machines.

So my question is do you thing it would be worth it to drop a couple grand on this machine and take a chance and try to recover the heads and get it printing again or am I asking for a miracle?

whats your thoughts ?

Thanks

SlikGRFX

If it's been stood for a year and the inks weren't flushed, it will probably need more than just a print head (lines and dampers might be clogged etc). I'd stay away. You could spend $$$ and hours getting it working. Just buy a machine that works and you can start making money right away.

Second option...if they just unplugged it, they don't know what they are doing and don't need the money. Tell them the printer is only useful for spares and offer them $500.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If it is more than $100 I wouldn't do it. This machine is a big gamble. At a minimum you are looking at around $2000 to get it running again if you ONLY need new heads. If it needs more than that, the costs can skyrocket. And all you're getting is an antiquated technology that can only print narrow prints. For around $3-4000 you can get a decent used 63" newer printer.

CanuckSigns

If you can get it for a few hundred, it might be worth getting as a trade in, some dealers offer a few grand off a new printer when you trade in an old one.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The SP300V is one of, if not the best, used printers out there. Not sure why it's getting hate on here. It's outlasted every DX4 based printer out there and there are a ton of them still in use even though they aren't manufactured anymore. The price is the main issue. The heads are probably trash but worth trying to recover. The dampers and cap tops will need to be changed but ink lines never clog. I would flush them anyway to get the old ink out. The pumps may need to be flushed as well. An SP300V in good condition other than the heads is worth about $1500 - $2000. With working heads and no other issues, it's worth $4500 to $5000. You will spend about $1500 fixing it. I have taken in about 30 SP300Vs on trade in and refurbished them and resold them. That's how I know.

Maxon70

They wont take less than 2500 for it, I know its a gamble and I will probably pass, Ive seen these same printers for 3-4k around here in working condition.

Thanks for all the info you guys are great..

Sign Works

Peoples stupidity can be mind boggling at times. Look at the level these Tree Nursery folks went to in order to "Save Money". I wonder just how much that actually ended up costing them, and now they will loose even more due to their stubborness (Stupidity) holding on to their imagined value of the machine they ignorantly destroyed. Also I can just imagine what their trucks look like.

MasterPat

They wont take less than 2500 for it, I know its a gamble and I will probably pass, Ive seen these same printers for 3-4k around here in working condition.

It is not worth more than $1000, best case. The heads, dampers, caps, and possibly the lines are all shot. I doubt if you can recover the heads after a year parked.

equippaint

I'd be hard pressed to give them much more than $500. If you were closer Id sell you mine for $2800 and it has new heads, full roland ink and prints perfect.