• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Found an Incredible Squeegee - Cheap Wrap Tools

HulkSmash

We've been buying geek wrap squeegees for years. We've spent a pretty penny on them for a while. A friend of mine recommended we try out a new squeegee he found. We reached out to cheap wrap tools, and with in 3 days we had a free squeegee to sample. I was sold instantly. We ordered 100 and got them within the week. Same material and build as geek wraps, but literally half the price. This isn't a paid promotion, I don't get anything from this. I'm just really impressed with this product and wanted to share.

Looks like they have their website up www.cheapwraptools.com

Attachments

• 20190114_094804.jpg
    20190114_094804.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,366
  • 20190115_142714.jpg
    20190115_142714.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 862
Last edited:

qmr55

I will vouch for them too! Been using for about a month now and won't ever switch back to GeekWraps. These squeegees are just as good, if not better.

And half the cost....

ikarasu

How many vehicles do you wrap to go through that many squeegee?!

Are all their suqeegees made the same, with just different wings on them?

HulkSmash

How many vehicles do you wrap to go through that many squeegee?!

Are all their suqeegees made the same, with just different wings on them?

We wrap a lot. As for the squeegees i'm not sure exactly sure, we just got 1 color. But im assuming they're all the same just different colors.

fresh

cool. its a lidco teflon squeegee with a ultrasuede felt edge.

i have a bunch of lidco teflon squeegees and I like them. but I really, really like and am having an impossible time finding are the 6" silver lidco squeegees. they are my favorite to use with cut vinyl but they are hard to find.

Last edited:
cool. its a lidco teflon squeegee with a felt edge.

That was my first thought, too!

i have a bunch of lidco teflon squeegees and I like them. but I really, really like and am having an impossible time finding are the 6" silver lidco squeegees. they are my favorite to use with cut vinyl but they are hard to find.

I'll have to try them sometime. That's probably the only thing I haven't tried because I've never even seen one. Have you tried contacting Lidco directly? http://lidcoproducts.com/

HulkSmash

cool. its a lidco teflon squeegee with a felt edge.

No felt edge, it's ultra suede.. much much different, you're talking about 1 week of use to 1 month of use.. at least for us, 0 scratching.. like the difference is astronomical. We've tried the monkey strips.. they work ok, but leave a lot of scratches, and just break down in a few days.. but they're cheap!

fresh

No felt edge, it's ultra suede.. much much different, you're talking about 1 week of use to 1 month of use.. at least for us, 0 scratching.. like the difference is astronomical. We've tried the monkey strips.. they work ok, but leave a lot of scratches, and just break down in a few days.. but they're cheap!

I'm not belittling or nay-saying you. The description says "ultrasuede felt edge."

But anyway, that wasn't my point. It was that the basis is a squeegee that I really like anyway and would recommend.

Johnny Best

Thanks for the heads up on the squeegee. I use the GeekWrap suede one now but will order some of these from Cheapwraps.
Looks like the only difference is GeelWraps stitches on the suede and these do not look like they do the stitching.
They are great for installing wet etch on glass, not a scratch. On the GeekWrap squeegee it has the www.lidcoproducts.com with phone # on them. Never was a big fan of the 3M gold ones, like Colorado says, the teflon are much nicer.

So nobody in this thread uses the 3M Gold squeegee's?

I use 3M golds with a Monkey Strip. I think the slight flexibility of the gold cards is beneficial over the completely rigid white teflon cards. If you do need a, I guess sharper?, edge than the buffer, then just flip it over. And you don't have to worry about it scratching the hell out of the film like the teflon.

I stopped using Geek Wraps years ago because they're so damn expensive. That and they seemed to get gummed up after just a couple of wraps and would stop sliding like they should.

There are benefits to both, and to each their own..

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You can order lidco squeegees directly from lidco but you have to by in quantity. I too love the grey lidco squeeges and they are $1.15 if you by 500.

I prefer Monkey Strip buffers or Monkey Tails. You can put them on any squeegee. They only last about 1 wrap but at less then a dollar who cares. I can put them on any squeegee, stiff Teflon or flexible...

HulkSmash

You can order lidco squeegees directly from lidco but you have to by in quantity. I too love the grey lidco squeeges and they are $1.15 if you by 500.

I prefer Monkey Strip buffers or Monkey Tails. You can put them on any squeegee. They only last about 1 wrap but at less then a dollar who cares. I can put them on any squeegee, stiff Teflon or flexible...

hmm so you rather replace the covering after every wrap where 30-40 wraps cost around 30 dollars, when you can use 1 squeegee where you don't have to replace at all, for a much cheaper price? oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I was a huge fan of the Geek wraps squeegees but I get tired of having to wet them constantly. Also he Teflon squeegees don't conform to curvature of the vehicle half the time so you have to take smaller bites.

I can use the the Monkey tails on any squeegee and they are thin so i can get maximum pressure and they slide smoothly dry...

Just my preference.