• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FRANKEN-PRINTER!!! (carriage mod')

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nice work man! Love seeing the mods you have done over time.

Anyways on the head cables. The DX5 head on the JV33 is way different that the JV3 DX4 head cables.

The DX5 heads also use a double cable but they do it a bit odd. One is a 34 pin cable but they cut a notch off one end to reduce it to 31 pins (the socket on the slider board is 34 pin). The second cable is actually 31 pin end to end. From what I've found the JV5 and Mutoh VJ1604 use a slightly shorter cable than the JV33. The stock JV33 cable is right about 395mm while the others run 350mm to 360mm. They do work on a JV33 though - just without the factory folds for running them. The stock JV33 head cable has 2 90 degree folds for a cleaner run of the cable.

That being said there is not a lot of extra space for having excess cable length anyways on the JV33 plus on the DX5 head the cable runs out the right edge of the head and is really not in the way of the ink lines or anything anyways. I will say this - the cable is a pain in the butt to connect to the DX5 head while the head is fully installed in the head carriage...

Photo showing the original folded JV33 cable with the notched end then a carriage shot of a JV33 showing the cable running up the right edge indicated with a red line. This shot is down low looking up at the carriage so you can also see the slider board up top. Also on the JV33 the slider board is on top of the head carriage and accessed via a cover you remove on the top of the machine.

Attachments

• JV33a.jpg
    JV33a.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 114
  • JV33b.jpg
    JV33b.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 124