• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Freaky VersaCamm Head Test Print-Gurus Needed to figure this one out! Please!

Glennora

Hi All, First let me say, Thank You, searching past posts have solved every problem with my VersaCamm Sp-300V for the last 5 years. But I have a new one for you all.
The morning started easy enough. I have been loosing half my cyan off an on for a while now, as shown below IN test A:
attachment.php

My machine is over 5 years old. I know that black head is getting worn. But about every 7 to 10 days I loose half the cyan. To get by, I have been doing a head soak and a syringe pull underneath the head caps and checking that the head caps seated right. This has got me up and running again 1/2 dozen times.
Today, I thought, would be a good day to investigate the cause. (bad idea) I opened my baby up and checked the damper. Sure enough the damper O ring is bad. Easy Fix. Right? Not quite yet, This is where my real problem begins.
I put it all back together to see if I might get lucky till my new damper(s) come in....do a test print...I was not expecting any cyan. But, My new delema is
The black head firing on test (wee wee wee) all the way home.
Does anyone have a clue to what might be causing that?
Thanks, G

Attachments

• aaaRolandTest1-1.jpg
    aaaRolandTest1-1.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:

artbot

first guess is two things. the black is getting bad data. either fried head, loose data cable, board fuse, etc.

the cyan having those to missing halo's is usually indicative of a clogged head adapter. the missing spaces usually will run right below the head adapter screens (they have filters in them that are much much finer than that found in the dampers). the problem with that option is the missing lines are mirrors of each other it seems. meaning data again being corrupted to the cyan.

Ragnabrok

+1 on the cable issue, since the K and C are on the same head. likely the cable was pulled out slightly when taking off the damper, just check it is in nice and flush, and hasn't been damaged at all.

Robert M

5 years

Check in the service mode to see how many fires that head has made, it looks worn out.
I have the manual if you need one

vikcho

Just remove the white cables attached in the head. Check all the pins are straight and then re insert taking care for accurate position. Do a cleaning using syringe. Hope your problem will be solved.