• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fred to the office please, Fred

Gene@mpls

I was just reading a thoughtful letter in the Nov/Dec 1990 issue of SignCraft [in the biffy] [and no I was not in the 'Sign Syndicate' at that time- I bought a bunch of old SC magazines years ago- I was a young whipper-snapper of 44 in 1990 and still restoring Gen II Corvettes then] and got the the end of the [long] letter and saw the sig on it- Our own Fred W. It was 10 years later when I bought a Gerber Edge thermal printer and got [internet] acquainted with Fred and then... a lot of history happened. I hope you are well and still full of fun and fire Fred. Gene

The more I think about it, maybe it was not a Gerber forum,,, might have has something to do with Triangle Inx? Memory is fadinggggggggggggg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have no recollection of the Signcraft letter but it's probably my poor memory at fault. Back in November of 1990, we were mostly wholesale jobbing cut vinyl lettering and graphics to the trade and marketing a font ID program we had developed named FontFinder. We were also an advertiser with Signcraft and other sign magazines. We got involved as a member with the old 4EdgeTalk forum around 1995 or 1996 when we bought our Edge printer. And, of course, I ran Signs 101 from 2003 to 2016 before moving on.

All is well with me and my family. Thanks for asking. Hope all is good with you an yours as well.

Gene@mpls

Yessir- life is good. It was 4EdgeTalk I was thinking of, it must have been a different forum for digital printing when we spoke of Triangle Inx [I still use them now- 20+ years later].