• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Friday chit chat about being nice...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I was that kid in high school. My dad had disappeared years earlier and my mom was raising 5 kids alone. She couldn't come to all the meets but showed up at the end of year award ceremonies and sometimes the other moms would make little comments about, "Why is she here? etc" We both let it roll off our shoulders but I always did appreciate the other moms/dads and my fellow teammates who included me and gave me rides etc.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I missed a 3 minute song of my first born's preschool fall festival (Perpetually late to everything). Grandma recorded the saddest video in the world, all these kids singing, and my kid anxiously looking all over the room for us, you can hear her saying 'I don't see my mom and dad'. That was the last thing I'll ever be late to. In fact we went from the last family to show up to larger family gatherings to the first. Here she is when she saw us at the following Xmas performance.

View attachment 161951
Bottom line, kids deserve to be happy, I'll give our Stacey a point for her good deed to make this kid feel not left out. Stacey #2 coulda at least offered to pay, ya know, to give StaceyK a chance to butt in and say she'd do it for free...

But the real question is still unanswered. Who won?
That's awesome!!!! I love this, kids sure make us change for the best!

Stacey #2 paid for the jersey. I donated the fathead. So far this year she is the 3rd parent to approach me to pay for someone else's stuff. One kids mom passed away a few months ago and dad is a bit of a drinker. Not sure the other kids story.

We won!

My son dislocated his elbow week three and will finally get in for a few plays this Friday. We lost 5 of 7 seniors to injuries this year. I don't want him to play but he wants to get in for a few plays to finish out his "career". I didn't even pay the ambulance bill yet...fingers crossed LOL

Stacey K

I like making signs
For those of you who like a good ending (Gino lol)...a little update.

Thursdays Pasta Night - The boy showed everyone the photos we had taken for mother's night, he was so proud of them and thought it was so cool! Fast forward to the next day, Fridays game...
He is a little mentally slow and has not gotten to play all season. UNTIL FRIDAY! The team was winning by 34 so the coach put him in on defense, he made a few tackles and held his line. The entire sideline started chanting his name, then the student section started. He played the last two series and the chanting continue off and on, it's was one of the best parts of the season, and when they won, he was in the "huddle" thingy at the end with everyone slapping hands, etc. as the boys came off the field. When the boys came off the field to go by the parents, he RAN to his Dad at full speed with the BIGGEST SMILE ON HIS FACE YOU EVER SAW! His dad was so proud!!! It was a great moment :)

Despite this starting out as a rather negative post, it turned out good (thank goodness cuz I felt bad after thinking about all this). We can't all be winners but sometimes it feels good to be part of the team!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I'm a bit confused. This was about a no-show mom and then he ran to the proud father ?? Where was he in the rest of the story ?? I'm going back to counting grommets.

JamesLam

There are many reasons (separation, divorce, illness, elderly parents, job commitments, financial resources) why some parents cannot attend their child's sporting events and school activities. And quite often the reasons behind the absence is not apparent as they keep the family secrets to themselves.

One issue is that often the parents have come to terms with their lot but the youngsters are still processing and our reaction to their situation can have an enormous effect. And whether negative or positive, that is often up to us.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You left out...... parents who don't care, parents who are on drugs, parents who are in jail, parents who have more important things to do, parents, who have no extra time, parents who have no means to get around and mostly..... parents who simply don't know for whatever reasons. Most likely communication problems like just about everybody these days.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope. Everytime someone uses some here, we hafta recount them, so we know how many we used. I learned that here with some of those nifty software packages the people always are talking about for shop inventory. Gotta keep tabs on all of it.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I'll just leave this here....

Precious.jpg

mim

0_o
Here is a nice note related to the sign world on a Friday-
I've never had a job with as many kind people as the one I have now. Some days I just really feel so grateful for ending up here. One of my coworkers went through a hard time, ended up with an addiction. My boss paid for his rehab and now he's back at work doing better than ever. We are such a productive, successful company for the size we are (although it's growing) and I really think it's because of the atmosphere my boss and his family have cultivated. I've never heard of a boss choosing to PAY for rehab instead of firing someone, a different type of investment I suppose :)

JamesLam

I've never had a job with as many kind people as the one I have now. Some days I just really feel so grateful for ending up here. One of my coworkers went through a hard time, ended up with an addiction. My boss paid for his rehab and now he's back at work doing better than ever. We are such a productive, successful company for the size we are (although it's growing) and I really think it's because of the atmosphere my boss and his family have cultivated. I've never heard of a boss choosing to PAY for rehab instead of firing someone, a different type of investment I suppose :)
Your boss seems like a fellow who has his act together.

• Agree
Reactions: mim

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Owner of the company I'm at is the same way, and would probably do the same. He sees the potential in people and always tries to bring it out.
My wife says it best when she talks about my boss, she says the only one on the same level as him is Santa Clause. It creates an incredible work environment. I truly enjoy coming to work every day.