• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Front adhesive with reflective?

IsItFasst

So I have a customer that is wanting a reflective decals that is both black and white but needs to be reflective and have front adhesive. I do front adhesive all the time, but with the backside of the reflective material being silver and not white, I'm not sure how to achieve the white when doing a reverse print on clear like I normally do. Is there an easy solution to this issue that I'm missing?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Seems like an odd request. They need the backside to be white? If so, why?

Otherwise, my take on it would be to use an optically clear mounting adhesive laminated to the face of a reflective vinyl. You may then have to laminate the reflective vinyl to a white vinyl to eliminate that adhesive side which I guess in turn would get you your white background.

IsItFasst

Yes it is an odd combo and that is what I told the customer. Apparently Uber decals in Australia are printed this way due to regulations and this company wants something similar. The backside doesn't need to be white but the white reflective needs to be white facing out the window. The way I would normally do this would be to reverse print on clear then laminate with white material (or this case reflective). But the adhesive side of reflective is silver so the logo would be black and silver and not black and white like the customer wants.

Bengt Backhaus

but the white reflective needs to be white facing out the window
Is it a car window or an office window?
For car windows i have mounted the reflective on a thin rigid plastic cut to size that the customer slid in under the rubber around the windows on the inside.
Kind of like the window tint you dont have to install permanently.
1681971892844.png

For store/office windows i have done the same solution but mounted the sign with clear doublesided adhesive.

MikePro

from what i read via the googles....australia only requires a decal on the window, not a reflective one.
i only searched because i was curious why they would want reflective on a typically upward-curved window that would never reflect back at cars/headlights like a street sign would.

...and there's no requirement to be placed on the inside of the window facing outward, merely needs to be on the "bottom-left" of both front/rear and supposedly needs to be removed when offline.

Last edited:

IsItFasst

Yeah, I dunno. Just what the customer told me why they needed it to be reflective. Ended up finding a supplier that can do them.