• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Front Cover Sensor Not Working

Patrice Brunelle

We've had an Issue with our Roland XR-640 for a while now, where the machine randomly stops, saying that the front cover is open even though it is not. A light pressure on the cover fixed the issue for a few hours before it happened again. However, it's been getting worse and worse. Today, it happened and there was no fixing it, I left the cover open and pressed the metal clip with the tip of a pen until I heard the click when it makes contact, and nothing, as though the sensor doesn't work anymore. We had to turn the machine off and on again for it to work. Anyone knows what is causing this issue exactly? Might be a faulty sensor that needs to be replaced, could be something else. Please advise.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The front to back position of the cover switch can be adjusted by loosening the 2 screws holding it in place. Be careful not to move it too far forward, as the tab on the cover can damage the switch. This should take care of your problem...

Patrice Brunelle

The front to back position of the cover switch can be adjusted by loosening the 2 screws holding it in place. Be careful not to move it too far forward, as the tab on the cover can damage the switch. This should take care of your problem...
Thank you for the suggestion Jim. It seems to be going alright today, but next time it happens, I'll take appart the module and straighten the tab (which is slightly bent) and clean the contact properly, I'll remember what you said when replacing it and make sur the tab on the cover presses on the switch properly.