• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frustrated Corel contour to RIP question

I have Corel X6 but just couldn't get my contour cut path to work in my RIP so I went back to X5 because I have no problem cutting from there. I have checked every setting in X6 and compared to X5 to be sure they're the same. I have checked my preferences in my RIP, I have followed the 2 tutorial links below as well as the instructions from my RIP Help menu, I have called both Wasatch and Corel (Insert big belly laugh here) and still no luck. I did notice that the Wasatch tutorial is using X4 but it's the same in X5.
I'm annoyed that I can't get this figured out. I'm using Windows XP Pro which I've had for the last 3 years and Wasatch version 6.3 on XP. Could it be that my Rip version is to low for the newer version of Corel? Has anyone run into that with any other RIP/ Software combo's before?

http://wasatch.com/pdf/corelVectorCutPath.pdf

http://api.ning.com/files/yP2ydRBet...x21XzjmgfAw__/CorelandRolandSpecialColors.mp4

SignManiac

Under tools, go to palette editor, click add color, go to palette drop tab, click on folder to browse palette, click on spot color, find your printer, assume Roland? click on Roland drop down to versaworks and there is your color to assign.

I use a Mutoh Valujet. Roland options are available and believe me I tried it just for kicks and giggles but still no go. Thanks for the reply though.
I'm really stumped on this and the only thing I can think is that my Wastch version is to low to recognize the newer version of Corel. I even imported my old cutpath into X6 and it won't work from there but works in all my earlier Corel versions. I guess I'll just keep using X5 until I upgrade my RIP. Everything has been working so well that I hate to mess with anything. Oh well.

Under tools, go to palette editor, click add color, go to palette drop tab, click on folder to browse palette, click on spot color, find your printer, assume Roland? click on Roland drop down to versaworks and there is your color to assign.

Ok...I did the steps over like you said and renamed the Roland color CutPath instead of CutContour and this time it worked!
Thank You very much!