• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Fujifilm Acuity EY

Acotop

Dear all,

I just joined the forum today, but been a long follower of signs101 forum.

I hope I can contribute more in the future.

Right now I need some help with my Fujifilm Aquity EY flatbed printer, it has clogged black color printhead, which is fix only by cleaning it many times. The problem will rise up again after few prints.

The question will be

1. Do I need to change the printhead? Printhead age is around 2 years with moderate 2-3 hours printing per day.

2. If I need to change, what printhead type is it and where can I get it?

3. My Fujifilm dealer gives a $5000+ quotation for 1 printhead where I find very ridiculous.

Thank you for your help, and please forgive my English.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Welcome to S101.

Your machine is a rebadged Oce Arizona 360GT, which you'll probably find more support for on here.

Firstly, can you post a photo of a nozzle check when the issue occurs so we can have a look?

The price quoted to replace the head sounds about right. We have been quoted AUD$5,000 to replace one head.
Both of our black heads are 9 years old and give us the least trouble of any of our heads. They never seem to clog or print badly. This doesn't help your current situation however.

Acotop

Thank you for your reply

I was told so too that the head will last for quite a while, but apparently it is not.

I will post the nozzle check asap.

Thank you

Acotop

I can get perfect test print if I wipe it more, and when I bleed the ink out... The 1st head (good one) will jet out ink perfectly, but the problematic head only drips ink.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Try running a short Ink Flush on the K channel from the Tools menu (assuming it runs something similar to Oce Calgary software). Make sure you have at least half a bag of ink available for this procedure. It will dump a lot of it, also empty the waste tray before hand as well.

upload_2020-8-26_22-33-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-26_22-32-35.png
    upload_2020-8-26_22-32-35.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 172

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
are you having any errors coming up in the log?
vacuum error?
if you open the draw, which does the black head drip first when loss of vacuum?
open the lid and look at your print head. does it look like its bleeding ink?

Acotop

are you having any errors coming up in the log?
vacuum error?
if you open the draw, which does the black head drip first when loss of vacuum?
open the lid and look at your print head. does it look like its bleeding ink?

No, there is no vacuum error, and no bleeding ink when I open the drawer.

Acotop

Try running a short Ink Flush on the K channel from the Tools menu (assuming it runs something similar to Oce Calgary software). Make sure you have at least half a bag of ink available for this procedure. It will dump a lot of it, also empty the waste tray before hand as well.

View attachment 148706

I started the short flush K channel, the ink starts to bleed as in the video, then suddenly after 20mins, there is something bursting from the bottom of the machine (below carriage) and black ink is everywhere.

Maybe ink clogged from the tube?

Thank you

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I'm going to guess the the right channel is the one you're having issues with?
It should be bleeding the same as the left one during a flush. We haven't had a head behave in this way yet, so happy if anyone else has any further advice.

Acotop

I'm going to guess the the right channel is the one you're having issues with?
It should be bleeding the same as the left one during a flush. We haven't had a head behave in this way yet, so happy if anyone else has any further advice.

Yes it is the right channel that has problem.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I started the short flush K channel, the ink starts to bleed as in the video, then suddenly after 20mins, there is something bursting from the bottom of the machine (below carriage) and black ink is everywhere.

Maybe ink clogged from the tube?

Thank you
Odd, track where the ink is coming from. possibly blocked line?
try a bypass?

Acotop

Thank you all, the Fujifilm technician came over to check the tube due to the leakage during short flush. They fix the tube, and printhead is now working fine. I ended up with $160 bill instead of $5000. Thank you very much for all the help.

hi. every body. I plan to buy FUJIFILM Acuity EY /HYB182/.
I need your advice and experience.
How often do injuries occur?
How much are ink chips? Can it be made Chipless?
to make varnished prints?
Thankh you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 67

ToTo

Professional Support
If well maintained this unit is very stable. Varnish is not possible since the process to print and cure varnish is completely different then colors/white.