• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuse 1 Error "e102" on Mutoh Rockhopper 2 - please help

Visualrelay

Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum, so hopefully someone can help me...
I am willing to take photos etc, if this helps...

Cut a long story short, I powered up my machine, and during bootup, just after initialization (like 5 seconds after pressing power button) I get a beep... and on screen displays "FUSE 1 ERROR e102"

Basically before I posted this, I did my research and pretty much know already that I have a blown a head fuse on my main board.

Only problem is, as this printer is a Mutoh "Rockhopper IIK Plus" (also known as a Toucan LT) 87", there are 8 little black fuses on the main board, each one located in between each pair of print head cable adapters.

I require assistance with a few things..

1) Which one is Fuse 1? And can I place a multimeter on each one when the machine is on to test which one is broken? If so, how?

2) I am confident I can solder a new fuse on, just want to know where & what size fuse do I buy (I am in Australia) as these ones on the main board dont have any numbers/markings etc on them... Want to make sure I get the correct one...

3) Are my able I solder all new fuse holders in place of the old ones, just to make it easier for future "blow outs" to replace? Or are these blow outs rare?

Any help would be great...

Graphics2u

quote=Visualrelay;
I require assistance with a few things..

1) Which one is Fuse 1? And can I place a multimeter on each one when the machine is on to test which one is broken? If so, how? Don't do it when the machine is on. Set the meter to check continuity and then check each one with thte power off and machine unplugged. Many times the main board will have small letters or #'s by the fuses to identify them. Might need a magnifying glass.

2) I am confident I can solder a new fuse on, just want to know where & what size fuse do I buy (I am in Australia) as these ones on the main board dont have any numbers/markings etc on them... Want to make sure I get the correct one... Hopefully Mutoh could Give you that info.

3) Are my able I solder all new fuse holders in place of the old ones, just to make it easier for future "blow outs" to replace? Or are these blow outs rare? Don't think fuses are a big problem on these machines, unlike the smaller Falcons and Rockhoppers.

...[/quote]

The link Randya gave above is a good explanation of the processs but I'm not at all sure the info given on the fuse types would be the same as these are much different printers.

randya

I am hoping it is:

Part# 0154002DRT 2 amp nano

From the article.

You may want a fuse holder until you figure out what caused the fuse to blow.
Probably the head itself....

selleralph

Hello
I ave the same problem on a Mutoh Toucan LT 64 ,is 5 years old.
Wen I start give me a message " System error E105 fuse 4 error "
I occasionally work on this machine ,is very difficult to find a truly professional repair technician ,so I try my best in doing the maintenance, and repairs.
Now I look for the fuse 4, but before I need to find the reason way the fuse blows, perhaps a head problem.I supposes Head #4 is malfunction .Any friend know were I find a step by step solution to this problem ?
Thanks
Ralph:help