• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gaming Trailer Graphics

Johnny Best

By this logic Firesprint, 4over, all the wholesale printers who only print are just monkeys that push buttons and shouldn't be doing it.
Calling someone a monkey is a racist rant, placing them on a lower rung of the evolutionary ladder, associating them with the primitive and sub-human.
You ikarasu, copy everything, even your member name on here, you just put an "i" in front of it. But I am sure you have your reasoning for it because you live in Canada and they can't do anything to you.

ikarasu

Calling someone a monkey is a racist rant, placing them on a lower rung of the evolutionary ladder, associating them with the primitive and sub-human.
You ikarasu, copy everything, even your member name on here, you just put an "i" in front of it. But I am sure you have your reasoning for it because you live in Canada and they can't do anything to you.
Seeing how most people act these days, I'd say we're below monkeys on the evolution scale.

I had to google Karasu... Are you talking about the anime guy on one piece? If so, never even seen it... My online name was given to me by a Friend 15 years ago... and I liked it and decided to keep it. It seems to fit well! It's a Japanese word.

ikarasu

I was so hoping that would happen back in Y2K. It would be a wonderful boost to business again, if that actually took place. Think of all the wannabes and dumb sh!ts that would be outta work..... instantly. You're not as stupid as you come off.
That all depends. The old timers who can't adapt (Or havent yet) May go back to making more money -

Those who are smart enough to see the benefit of selling online, opening up your customer base from a small town to 330 million people would lose out.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I was so hoping that would happen back in Y2K. It would be a wonderful boost to business again, if that actually took place. Think of all the wannabes and dumb sh!ts that would be outta work..... instantly. You're not as stupid as you come off.
Well, there's always the promise of Solar Flares. In fact:

Of course, that was two days ago, and I didn't notice them....

gnubler

Darn, I had my fingers crossed on that one.

I just made a couple signs for a religious wacko who was kind enough to tell me all about it. Word on the street is that the US west coast is going to fall into the ocean after a major earthquake, and there will be a major event in Israel. Once those two things happen, we're all done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That all depends. The old timers who can't adapt (Or havent yet) May go back to making more money -

Those who are smart enough to see the benefit of selling online, opening up your customer base from a small town to 330 million people would lose out.

No. Back then, just like now..... I see so many people without an ounce of talent in this business tearing it apart whenever and wherever they can. Sad part is, they don't even realize it. They see themselves as business people and just go around annoying people..... all while lowering the standards of yesteryear.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
No. Back then, just like now..... I see so many people without an ounce of talent in this business tearing it apart whenever and wherever they can. Sad part is, they don't even realize it. They see themselves as business people and just go around annoying people..... all while lowering the standards of yesteryear.
but I like making my own mickey mouse t-shirts

ikarasu

I'm going to assume your quips are directed at me, so I'll just ask bluntly instead of beating around the bush how I could be tearing apart the business or lowering standards?

I believe I've helped quite a few people on here, and never given out wrong or bad information. I always suggest / insist people use the correct vinyls / tools and never cheap out.

I have zero talent at art work, that's why I've hired a graphics designer.

That's why I run an online business that's mainly making stickers / producing for other people who already have their artwork designed for them.

Does that make me a hack? Or talentless? Once again... The common theme on here seems to be if you can't hand draw letters like you guys did 100 years ago, your talentless. That's not the business I'm in, and not the business I'm trying to be in.

But at least I know my limits and I'm not trying to be something I'm not, unlike some people on here.

A few posts ago you said you had no problem with me, but I should stay out of us politics - looks like that was a lie, or because I didn't bow down and shut up that's changes. Either way, I'm thick skinned and could care less, so keep em coming!

There are a ton of wholesalers or print only shops out there. So it is sad If youre lumping them all into one just because your ideology of what makes a signmaker a signmaker is different than there's.

I've seen some photos / examples of work you've done once in awhile. Never once dissed it, or called you a hack, or said you were lowering the standards of the business - because whether i like you personally or not, or agree with your views, it's pathetic to attack your work or you for no reason.

Ever since I've been on S101... Back in the old days when you didn't hold back and let loose on everyone - I at least respected you and what you said because it was true, blunt but true. But lately... Ever since trumps been in office, it seems like anyone with a different view than yours gets attacked and you talk shit just to talk shit, it's sad to see!

If you see any of my work you don't like, or anything that puts any substance to your claims... Feel free to hit me up, I can take it! Otherwise I'll put as much faith in it as I do that this election was stolen ;)

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
but I like making my own mickey mouse t-shirts
1655495887503.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It was meant towards quite a few people. Not just you. My take is, I could care less what you and any other canadian does up there, who ya vote for, what ya pay for ice cream or anything else. I just don't like someone who listens to television news shows and gets their reasoning from there. That's kinda simple.

As for your work, I don't know what you do and other than a very few little things, you don't know what I do and that's fine by me. I'm not talking about business skills, but you also admitted you have no artistic talent, so most of your stuff is most likely a gut reaction, based solely on what YOU like or see.

I don't care if you know how to draw a basket of fruit on a table in front of a curtain, a ship at sea or a buncha letters on a board. I go by composition, components, focal point, combinations of the color wheel, balance of white and negative space...... and just plain common sense.

You assumed wa-a-a-ay too much in your last post. Musta hit a nerve. Your dig at being 100 years old is the same as mine mine about you and your other friends.

As for not holding back, I just settled down a bit. I still go off, but on everything now that there are no rules in this place. Hang in, I don't hate you or your friends, I just don't like you butting in where you don't belong. If that's narrow minded or wrong..... too bad. I've earned it by now. At least I didn't give you a finger up like that other knucklehead.

ikarasu

It was meant towards quite a few people. Not just you. My take is, I could care less what you and any other canadian does up there, who ya vote for, what ya pay for ice cream or anything else. I just don't like someone who listens to television news shows and gets their reasoning from there. That's kinda simple.

As for your work, I don't know what you do and other than a very few little things, you don't know what I do and that's fine by me. I'm not talking about business skills, but you also admitted you have no artistic talent, so most of your stuff is most likely a gut reaction, based solely on what YOU like or see.

I don't care if you know how to draw a basket of fruit on a table in front of a curtain, a ship at sea or a buncha letters on a board. I go by composition, components, focal point, combinations of the color wheel, balance of white and negative space...... and just plain common sense.

You assumed wa-a-a-ay too much in your last post. Musta hit a nerve. Your dig at being 100 years old is the same as mine mine about you and your other friends.

As for not holding back, I just settled down a bit. I still go off, but on everything now that there are no rules in this place. Hang in, I don't hate you or your friends, I just don't like you butting in where you don't belong. If that's narrow minded or wrong..... too bad. I've earned it by now. At least I didn't give you a finger up like that other knucklehead.

That's the problem, people live in their own little world and don't care about anything else but the things that affect them personally. Do you care about the war in Ukraine, or is that too far away so you don't give it a thought? I may be in Canada, but USA and whomever is in charge of it has a big influence on how things go up here. Trump started a trade war with us - Put tarrifs on Aluminum / wood, even though the past 10 times thats happened the courts struck it down as illegal - Trump argued that farmers and their subsidized corn / produce should be allowed into Canada without any tarrifs... which would esentially destroy Canadian farming - Same with Milk. My views are not based on Television news shows, some of the info I have came from live streams... or people I know in the area, but hey - Isnt that where a lot of your views are coming from as well? Were you at the capital, or are you going by what youve seen on TV / your friends?

But alas, thats not the point. My politics or your politics shouldn't make a difference. If you don't care what I have to say about politics..ignore it. It's not that hard, this is the internet. You should learn to be more open minded, or at least respect others views. I have a buddy thats a JW - I don't call him a crack head, or say I'm catholic so stop spouting your nonsense, If he wants to weight in his opinion, thats fine - If I change my mind or not is on me - Why be a dick and tell him to shut up? I may be in Canada... but even up here, It's a free Country and people can speak their mind.

I'm a digital printer - not an Artist. If someone wanted me to print a 20 Ft by 20 FT Type IX Reflective aluminum sign with a 10 year warranty, I'd pass him the CC Terminal and ask when he needed it by, and give him a nicely printed piece of crap that lasted 12+ years. I'm not trying to be an artist, I don't sign my initials on everything I do... nor do I care if it looks good or not - so long as the customer is happy with the product I supply them, which is exactly what I do...supply a product. Whether it's stickers, Vehicle wraps, highway signage, or a 24 x 24 graduation coro sign. Some guy just gave me a Blue / grey sign with yellow text and asked me to change the text color to grey - I warned him it'd be hard to see, showed him a sample and ultimately he went with changing it back - Sure, if I see something look off, weird kerning, or something I just feel would look wrong, I advise the client - Do you have a better eye at that than me? Probably... but again, it's not what I specialize in, or my job. If I were to tell someone I would design a sign for them from scratch, and gave them a piece of shit - then you have a point. The company I work for has 3 graphic designers - My "side business" now has one hired full time as well. I don't need to learn design, it's not what I excel at... and to be honest, I have zero interest in it at all. I know enough to advise people and point them in the right direction - which is to a real designer, and thats all I need.

No nerves hit - Thats one thing me and you have in Common, You're some random guy on the internet, In the context of how you think of me or my work, I could care less if you were a hobo sitting at starbucks typing on your phone, or a billionaire on a yacht with 500 sign companies thinking I'm a small fry. I don't know you, I probably never will know you, so your personal views on me don't matter - But it doesn't mean If I get called a hack I'll just roll over and play dead. I'm happy where I am right now, personally and professionally - someone 2000 miles away isn't going to change my opinion on that.

The 100 year old comment - It has nothing to do with your age, more so the mindset. I spend almost every lunch with our "Receptionist" who's in her 60's - I'm a few years from 40, I'm not far off. My 100 years old was about peoples mindsets - People who can't move on, learn new things. times change in a blink of an eye - 10 years ago you painted by hand and hand cut out stencils... now I'm sure you have a printer and a cutter, does that make you a hack? You started talking about "Wannabes" and "dumbshits", pretty much directly said I dont have an ounce of talent and that I was tearing apart the business and lowering standards.... all because I said I had zero Talent at doing artwork. To me, thats closeminded, thinking of the past.... When in reality, I'm a digital printer, not an artist. I've re-printed 20 FT Panels because it had a small headstrike in it on $800 roll material, I never cheap out on materials or cut corners, or do a half assed job like most companies I see around here - but I'm the hack because I can't design, something I freely admit, and don't want to do :rolleyes:

And as for the butting in - Again, the forum is a general Forum, welcome to everyone - not a USA one. IF you were to post a thread asking for opinions about Trump, and asked for USA only opinions, sure - But if people are generally talking, whats the problem? If you don't like it, don't listen - unless you're afraid my opinion will turn a trumper to bidens circle, shouldn't be an issue!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
When you start looking at other things, signs are the most crudely built things out there.
These always seem like a sword fight over who can make the best crap. I mean come on, silicone and vhb tape is the go to fastener system here.

victor bogdanov

By this logic Firesprint, 4over, all the wholesale printers who only print are just monkeys that push buttons and shouldn't be doing it. Sure, it's our jobs to make sure we don't print anything copyrighted - But screw ups happen. I'm sure they've let a few things slip through that shouldn't have slipped through as well.

Hell, Amazon is selling so much copyrighted stuff they shouldn't be, as well as Ebay, etsy... Pretty much every shop. Copyright / IP Theft is rampant, and it's impossible to catch everything. Maybe we should shut the world down, go back to the good ol' days with no internet or fancy computers.

Every single industry is based on copying, how many fast food places sell burgers? How many sub sandwich places are there. How many trucks and cars have similar styling. Any product has a dozes options, how many companies make a coke flavor?

ikarasu

Aside from the ridiculousness that discobar is posting...

Ikarasu, would it not be simple enough to include within your upload dialogue agreement check box that "by clicking here I attest that all artwork uploaded is my property, or submitted with permission of the copyright owner, and I'm liable for any lawsuits concerning this art"
I have that, unfortunately it is still on you to make sure the image the upload is not copyrighted.

Obviously if somebody uploads a Mario image that is very easy to tell that it is copyrighted, however if somebody uploads some drawing of some anime girl you know nothing about... Sometimes you rely on their honesty.

The lawyers don't care about that though, they just want the quickest way to get paid. Ignorance of the law doesn't protect you, and I see why...

It is stupid though. I bet I could go into anyones shop around here, tell him I own Jimmy Joe's convenience store, give them some artwork and ask them for a sign and without hesitation I would get a sign with Jimmy Joes logo on it, then you can technically sue you for producing the sign without verifying I own the copyright.

There is a lot wrong with the current copyright system, but I guess it is still a lot better than having no rules.

I usually reverse image search anything that looks custom to me now, better safe than sorry!