• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi 3150 help

eforer

Hi All,

Our 3150 is acting up and we can't get a tech out to us for a few days and we are getting crushed with the backup.

It is only printing from 12 of the 24 heads, 1 pair for each color (6 color setup) as ordered by pixel processing board, but sometimes 1 set of 12 prints and other times the other set prints but not at the same time so the net effect is half the heads out. What gives? Anyone have this problem?

Typestries

As in, ink is flowing through the heads that wont print but they are not getting an electrical signal?

Ours does that from time to time. Power down the machine, AND kill the 3 phase circuit breaker for 10 minutes or so, usually resolves it.

Let's hope its that simple for ya

cwb143

Then open the second hood where all the print heads are and watch the green blinking
lights inside in the back printhead chip boards they're stand vertical with 3 green lights a piece. make sure all 8 those lights are solid before printing again. Thats why on a jet out
you get 2 or 3 or more heads with nothing printing. I always check to see if those lights are blinking and if they are always reset the I/O power boards up top and that'll fix ya.

cwb143

Its physical. under the top hood on the print carriage. double switch on two circuit boards switch both off and back on again. wait about 2 min after turning back on before printing.

If that dosnt work then its proabably a low vac issue. Which means you have to clear out the lines with a syringe.

eforer

Actually killing the 3 phase worked like a charm, but I re-ran the Gandi setup wizard and now it's giving me a pump board b red led in the sensor diagnostics tab. Now our pump requests just continue forever on the ink pumps for 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. The pumps aren't actually running it would seem even though the pump count increases.

cwb143

I wonder if if you click on the red tab for Pump Board B under Sensor Diag.
that might turn it on showing green. na thats too easy.

eforer

Just for the benefit of others, our machine has only 1 pump board, killing the 3 phase for some reason resets some of the configuration files (they must get over written during some startup procedure) and incorrectly set the pump board count to two. We edited the hardwareconf file and set the pump board count back to 1 and we are printing. 3 days and 10s of thousands of dollars of output behind, but we're back up. I need to get another flatbed so we have a spare!