• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi 3150 X2 Ink Drop Problem

cwb143

Does anyone know a fix for ink dropping from the heads. I think its a low vac. problem or air pocket in lines but i can't seem to stop the ink from dripping. Very hard to print this way LOL. Any Ideas? I appreciate it.

Printer: Gandi 3150 X2 5x10 flatbed

Cwb

BANNERS2GO

Don't have that printer. But had the same problem w/ H700. There was a tiny hole in the reservoir tank for the yellow and it made all of the heads drip. Had the problem for a couple of weeks till they finally figured it out. It didn't start till about 6 months after we had it. Does it drip when its not printing? If it does then try clamping off 1 color at a time to figure out where it is coming from. We had to clamp off the lines before and after the reservoir to figure it out. Hope this helps

cwb143

That makes alot of sense. I replaced some heads and soon after that is when it started. Either i didn't do something right or I had a problem already waiting to happen. but I 'll give that a try it sounds like a good way to isolate a leak. Thanks alot.

RycckG

If its only dripping from 1 head, my guess would be there is air getting in AFTER the reservoir. Either a pin hole or bad connection

cwb143

Yeah its gotta be air leak. Problem is I only got a hundred hoses to check and 60 O rings. thanks RycckG Do you have experience with Gandi 3150?

Typestries

hey there, we have a 1224. pretty similar. Need more info. Did it start suddenly? Does your vac pump click a lot, like every few seconds? how many heads is it? if more than one head is it contained to one reservoir or more than one? is it just on one side of the vac or both? Do you have ink in your low vac lines?

cwb143

Rick McDonough,
Yes it started right after I put 4 new heads in. Yes the pumps click non stop allowing ink to keep pumping thru heads. 48 heads and 12 ink tanks 1 solvent tank. So 1 tank for every 2 heads. Sometimes ink drops on one half sometimes its all of them. and yes ink did get in the low vac lines but I used to a syringe to pull most of it out I think. They said I was suppose to leave the machine on and just turn off the I/O boards when replacing heads. OOPS!

RycckG

Hello again, Yes, actually both Ricks here operate Gandis... I have got to believe it is related to changing out those 4 heads. I would suggest disconnecting and capping each of the new heads, one at a time. After you prove it is not related to the new head installs, go back to the pump lines and start the same process. Keep capping lines and watch the pressure dial until you find the leak If you cap a line and the pressure holds than you know the leak is between that point and the heads... keep narrowing it down. Not much fun

cwb143

thanks Rick and Rycck! Actually it was ink in the low vac lines. Had to flush them out several times. Back up and running again. Thanks so much for you time. Don't know much about Jersey but it can't be bad.
Lesson Learned leave machine on while changing heads only I/O board gets turned off.