• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gas Station Refacing

Marco

Refacing pole sign, canopy and storefront. Installing channel letters. Your comments and design ideas are welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 120

Marlene

not loving the Q's at all. you could try to make it flow together better. maybe try working the tail of the "Q" and the ",s" so they fit together in a way that wouldn't happen just entering the letters into a keyboard. the fyi, TV logo I simple/nice as they cut the letters so they all fit together and form a cohesive/made to work together look.

Attachments

• FYI%20logo.png
    FYI%20logo.png
    16 KB · Views: 145

Marco

Additional Info.

Bit more info. Blue color represents RGB LEDs. Red around letters represents back lit halo. The swoosh on canopy is a stretched letter Q. Canopy and storefront - black metal panels with red vinyl graphics.

Marco

not loving the Q's at all. you could try to make it flow together better. maybe try working the tail of the "Q" and the ",s" so they fit together in a way that wouldn't happen just entering the letters into a keyboard. the fyi, TV logo I simple/nice as they cut the letters so they all fit together and form a cohesive/made to work together look.
Thank you. Awesome. Will try this later today.

Marco

WHY NOT spell out Q? either Cue, Queue, or Que?
It's an established business with several gas stations. I have seen similar stores with single letter business names. There's another site just down the street called C's.

Marlene

they have more of these so my guess now is the looks stays. I looked again at your layout and noticed the pump panels are at an angle. just that little thing made it look much better. nay chance of rotating the Q's on the canopy and sign?

Marco

they have more of these so my guess now is the looks stays. I looked again at your layout and noticed the pump panels are at an angle. just that little thing made it look much better. nay chance of rotating the Q's on the canopy and sign?
Tried the rotation on canopy but was not looking too good. Meantime made quick font change using ms paint. I'll try both of your recommendations later today on Corel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 154

Marlene

the Q's on the pump is not only rotated but bleeds off the edges. on the sign that would be easy to do, on the canopy, you'd have to set it in a box and make that part of the logo

Marlene

here is a quick re-do of your original. it is far from being done correctly but it's an idea

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 154

vid

Here's another quickie attempt at trying to integrate the apostrophe into the Q and brighten up the layout with some white. It'd need some massaging to get it to read better, but that's where I would start.

Attachments

• 101_Qs.jpg
    101_Qs.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 120

PRS Bryan

I think the column treatment looks cool, but it also looks like a pita to paint or decal.

If you are willing to do it yourself you might be able to pull it off, but I wouldn't trust it to our crew.

As for a subcontractor, it may make their head explode.

Marco

Lost this one to another designer. Owner wants and is stuck to the one below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 171

Craig Sjoquist

Aaw to bad looked like a good design was about to emerge, what he choose did not have any action to it & looked ghetto.

Another business that will have fight hard to stay in business, good design helps make it alot easier if the customer sees a attractive front that is like serving coffee in a restaurant, they will wait for the rest.

That is way good solid design learning & alot of looking at what really works & getting your designs to look that way is a constant challenge

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
They beat you with mobile advertising - pretty clever move to put that pole sign on the back of the red Blazer....

wayne k
guam usa

Marlene

Aaw to bad looked like a good design was about to emerge, what he choose did not have any action to it & looked ghetto.

Another business that will have fight hard to stay in business, good design helps make it alot easier if the customer sees a attractive front that is like serving coffee in a restaurant, they will wait for the rest.

That is way good solid design learning & alot of looking at what really works & getting your designs to look that way is a constant challenge

+1