• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GCC Bobcat B-60

sullosau

Heya boys n girls

Is there anyone here that by chance also bought a GCC Bobcat B-60?
I used to use a rolad and boy am I wishing I had one again, Im having troubles trying to cut from Corel which I was able to do with the roland.
The supplier sent me "drivers" after I asked them if there was such a driver that Ive seen for roland units and all they sent me was the original drivers from the driver cd that comes with the machine.
Ive tried in vain to get this unit to work from something other then the not so joyous joycut software supplied with the machine as when I export a file from corel or illustrator to a format it recognises it reduces the image size so when I drag it bigger it pixelates and thereby useless....
Any words of encouragment or something would be appreciated.....
Apart from a bottle of lighter fluid and a box of matches,
incidently cutting lettering etc is great the machine at least does that part right!
Frustrated..
Steve

iSign

I don't know anything about that cutter or software... but I do know that cutters cut vector files, & vector files don't "pixelate" so either your software is converting a vector file to uselessness... or the files were already useless. Saying your bringing files in from corel or illustrator implies vector files, so I assume it is in the transition that something goes wrong. Maybe you are getting the rastor preview image that is often associated with a vector file somehow. Are you trying different export file formats out of illustrator, like eps... or dxf maybe. You siad you can cut letters great. How? by typing them out in "joycut"? ... but never yet from an illustrator file?

sullosau

Doug I broke up your quote and answered it line by line, might be confusing..

Doug Allan said:
I don't know anything about that cutter or software...

Neither did I but it looked purdy in the signwarehouse cattledog

but I do know that cutters cut vector files, & vector files don't "pixelate"

by saying pixelate it gives "jagged curves" sory I dont know terminology

so either your software is converting a vector file to uselessness... or the files were already useless.

Maybe Im useless? :rolleyes:
\Saying your bringing files in from corel or illustrator implies vector files, so I assume it is in the transition that something goes wrong. Maybe you are getting the rastor preview image that is often associated with a vector file somehow.

Ive used the live trace from Illustraor cs2 and the tutorial I foud on adobe webpage suggests to rasterise image wondering now if maybe I am converting the rster image as youve suggested, bugger! What am I sposed to save then?

Are you trying different export file formats out of illustrator, like eps... or dxf maybe.

Tried eps tif in black/white and in bmp formats

You siad you can cut letters great. How? by typing them out in "joycut"? ... but never yet from an illustrator file?

Yep straight into joycut

Theres gotta be some major pilot error Im doing but I cant see it myself, I went nuts and bought corel and illustrator, Ive used corel years ago and had a lot of success with it, but the morning I ought it I also saw Illustrator too and recalled something about how great it was, now Im just fighting with the pair of them! (read swearing at monitor)
I am "trying to rtfm as well"

Steve

sullosau

umm sorry about the massive typos guys hard to type with bandage on fingies from slight mishap with tinsnips and sharp metal at work today....

Sorry!
I can type really I can!

sullosau

well heres something interesting I recvd the demo for vinyl master pro a few days ago and just got my machine to do a successful test cut and import those vector files into the prgram, cant tell if they cut ok as its a demo but looks from this I might just have to buy this proggy to get more out of my cutter :/