• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

general upper windshield vinyl

NSDdesigns

I know all shields are different, both width and curvature, but I have a customer that is looking to get some general stickers made. Just his company logo laid out vertically. What width and bend (if any) should I set them up as so as they can be applied in a general fashion. They dont need to be full length by any means, just large enough to still look right when applied.

Also, whats the best material for this type of vinyl that you guys have been using and have had the best success with durability and wear?

Thanks!

ChicagoGraphics

Seeing every windsheild is different, your going to have to mesure it and make your own template. I would use high performance vinyl

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How talla letter ??

You have to be careful the wipers don't hit it.

Cut the letters to any height you want and then put them on one at a time so you get the proper curvature of the shield.

OR.......... are you talking about shields on a helmet ??

NSDdesigns

No, windshields for a car/truck/van...ect.

He just wants a few dozen cut and ready for sell to be applied in said location, althou, customers can choose to stick them where ever I suppose. He has the idea from those jeep verbiage windshield stickers that you can buy pre-made. I dont think he took into much consideration that most jeeps have flat and straight-top front windows.

Im thinking centered and of a "magical width" so that the curvature dosent have much of an effect.

Right now I have the file set up to 3" x 30".

Im sure someone out there has made some "all-purpose" windshield decals before. Any pointers?