• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2:Dots around Overprint

JH

I seem to be getting dots when the top layer of foil is overprinting leaving white dots all around the overlap. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before? It's a new issue, would static or a pressure setting cause this? I have tried changing the darkness but no luck.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Attachments

• overprint.jpg
    overprint.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 291

omgsideburns

is the choke/spread created in composer? I had a problem with it doing that because it was printing two passes of the spread color instead of all at once. You may try switching the print order so the color is on top of the black, and the black is printing in one pass..

If the black is printing all at one time, make sure there aren't two seperate shapes butted together right there because if they aren't perfectly the same it might cause the little gap.

Maybe since you're printing over those halftones it's causing it.. like I said try laying down the black flood first then overprinting the halftones instead.

JH

This file is Process but I have tried over laping 2 spot foils and the same thing happened.

Yeah I haven't tried printing the black first because I've always had it work on top, but I can give that a shot. It would be a temporary solution for this job but it always looks better if the darker color is on top.

JH

Yeah I don't think it is a material issue, I've been printing this file for 7 years and this is the first time. Does anyone know what happens if a print head starts to go bad? I'm also starting to see a few tiny dot's in solid prints.

JH

So I have tried printing the black first and the Y and M on that but now there are white dots where the black stopped. It is hard to see in the photo but the y and M are printing past the black.

Attachments

• overprint 2.jpg
    overprint 2.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 221

Marlene

it looks like the foil is being lifted in the areas where it is overprinted. I asked if you reset the type of vinyl on the plot page as I had some issues and it helped. I print a lot of the Gerber ImageCal R and I started having issues with speckles and it looked like the foil didn't want to stick when printing solids. once I changed the setting, I haven't had any issues. changing the vinyl type changes the heat settings (I think)

JH

Sorry about the delay but I've been fiddling around and I'm wondering if it is the voltage coming from the power supply. I switched the print head into an edge 1 and it is printing perfectly. I'll check the power supply on the 2 and see if I can get that outputting correctly, but for now it's back to the edge 1.

Thanks for all of your ideas and help.

davedavedave

i know this is old but i have the same problem....
but i think i noticed this is not all the time i think its a setting inside flexi...

for example...
if u select the color inside design central and check overprint it will show the color as <overprint> in the driver settings from the rip window...
if the color overprint wasnt checked before inside design central there wont be a <overprint> next to it inside the driver settings in rip window...
for this case u can checkmark overprint directly inside the driver settings in the rip window...

also make sure "ignore overprints" is unchecked inside the rip window...