• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 pause print after 1ft problem

bigben

So I have a gerber edge 2 with omega 5 software. I have 500 2,25in circle to print. They are all printed in black and I'm using the process black foil. For some reason, the printer print around 1ft, then pause for few second, print another foot and pause and so on. First it take a long time to print this way and it leave a palish 1in bar across the media.

I'm sure it's just a setting or maybe just me. What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Ben

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm wondering how you have the job setup. Are you doing all your repeats in Composer? Are you doing all of them in GSPPlot? The recommended way is to do one vertical column of repeats in Composer and then do all your horizontal repeats in GSPPlot.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I am not sure why this occurs, but it sometimes happens here too on random jobs. I usually try to do all my steps and repeats in the GSPPlot, but occasionally the printer doe those pauses and ruins decals. it usually happens a few colors into a LexEdge run too... When this happens I just do my steps/repeats in Composer and then run them that way and it does not stop. Sometimes you have to do the certain offending color (if it is a flood white or similar bleeding color) as a solid block across all of the repeats.

Also, it seems to happen more on certain specified colors like Flood Coat White, in my case at least. In that case, I just put a note in the Composer file that the "Green" in the artwork needs to be substituted with a flood coat white cartridge when you're printing it, as the printer doesn't "pause" when a basic foil is selected. ;)

bigben

Ben, as for your problem - doesn't sound like anything we've run into before. Can you post a picture of the lighter bar that it's leaving?

It dos not show well in the picture, but it's like the bar is more mat than the rest. It's exactly where the printer pause.

Fred: I've tried to put my 5 vertical rounds in composer and create the remaining in gsplot, but it stop exactly at the same place. It's like if the file is not rip fast enough for the printer (I'm just assuming this).

Now, this morning, I had this popup coming out (see picture)

Attachments

• ml1.jpg
    ml1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 125
  • gerber 1.jpg
    gerber 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 114

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It dos not show well in the picture, but it's like the bar is more mat than the rest. It's exactly where the printer pause.

Fred: I've tried to put my 5 vertical rounds in composer and create the remaining in gsplot, but it stop exactly at the same place. It's like if the file is not rip fast enough for the printer (I'm just assuming this).

Now, this morning, I had this popup coming out (see picture)

The printer pause, as I understand it, is simply what happens when the Edge is communicating with GQMgr for more data. It is normal.

The message you got is something I have never seen in 18 years of running the Edge.

I may be able to tell you more if you will send me the job attached to an email to the address in my signature. Send both the PLT file and the PRM file with the same job name. Include also what version of Omega you are running.

bigben

The printer pause, as I understand it, is simply what happens when the Edge is communicating with GQMgr for more data. It is normal.

The message you got is something I have never seen in 18 years of running the Edge.

I may be able to tell you more if you will send me the job attached to an email to the address in my signature. Send both the PLT file and the PRM file with the same job name. Include also what version of Omega you are running.

I hope it's not normal to strop every foot. I will send you the file later today.

Thank you.

J Hill Designs

I hope it's not normal to strop every foot. I will send you the file later today.

Thank you.

if you have 'real time protection' turned on in your antivirus software, it might be trying to examine the data as it's sent, causing throughput issues.

Marlene

did you call the number on the message for tech support and ask them? a long time ago, I had issues with the Edge stopping about a foot into a job but it would never restart. my issue was the setting and once changed all was OK. that message is oddly worded. try calling them as that is the tech support number and see what they say