• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge beeps

Hielorojo

Hello, I have problems with my Gerber I, I turn on it and it start to beep, I turn off and turn on again and the beeps again....any advice?
Thank you.

gabagoo

Mine now does this more and more frequently. I have an LE and I open the lid and gently rotate the printer on its side. There are 3 screws underneath on each side and you open these panels ( more likely the one on the left side) and I ground myself and gently make sure everything is connected properly. It works and the machine is back up and running again. I will warn you that ever since I did it the first time, my shock absorbers have gone dead and I need to use a bungee cord to keep the lid open...so beware that afterwards, do not open the lid and walk away as you could do serious harm to the print head. Good luck

Hielorojo

Thank you for your answer Mate! The mine work well, after of open/close the lid many times( 5 o 6), Is possible that any negative (-, earth) connection is not correct :noway:.
Thank you again and sorry for my English:smile:.

stevesign

As the last Post suggests, take off the screws on the side, and release the side panel, and inside the panel is a black reset switch.

Hold this in, and power on the machine.

If it works, replace the cover, My gerber edge I has the problem often.

gabagoo

As the last Post suggests, take off the screws on the side, and release the side panel, and inside the panel is a black reset switch.

Hold this in, and power on the machine.

If it works, replace the cover, My gerber edge I has the problem often.

i did not know about the reset switch... Is this on an LE?