• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX printing 1200dpi in flexi possible?

lainke

Hello,

I have buyed a Geber Edge FX last week and my first job is one with small text. I have only flexisign available at the moment so printing with it is no problem. Now i see it flexisign that i can choose between diffrent dpi setting but the machine only takes 300x600 dpi. In the list there i also 300x1200 and 1200 but the machine won't take that. It say "invalid parameters !" On 300 x 600 dpi its no problem. Somebody knows how i can print in higher resolution in flexi?

Vassago

I think it needs a firmware update to get 1200dpi, but... And don't quite me - if I recall 1200dpi only works with Omega.

Check your firmware - see if updating that sorts Flexi

lainke

I updates the firmware yesterday because i thought that too but thats not helping. I have only flexisign and omega 2.5 available and that doesn't support the higher resolution too.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
You never mention what version of flexi, and OUR edges are all older,
But i vaguely remember some odd quirks setting up flexi thermal module printing (v12, i think) for clients.
I will dig through invoices from previous years and hope i listed what was done

lainke

You never mention what version of flexi, and OUR edges are all older,
But i vaguely remember some odd quirks setting up flexi thermal module printing (v12, i think) for clients.
I will dig through invoices from previous years and hope i listed what was done
I still use flexi 12 but i have the cloud version so updating to the newest version is no problem.
The problem is not that is doesn't print good but sometimes i need to print small text and that can be beter imo with a higher resolution.

FunkotronXL

I believe the 1200 dpi was intended for CMYK print outputs on the Edge FX, and not intended for spot color usage.

May be incorrect, but, the incremental step ups are 300x300 (Edge LE/Classic mode), 300x600, & 300x1200. If trying to improve fine text you may still get pixel steps/stairs on the Y-axis of the print @ 300dpi res whether it's spot or CMYK

Adam.Foster

High res mode, 1200x300 makes pixels denser in the material movement axis. Vector based edge quality is improved, halftone banding is reduced, and patterning is reduced with certain GerberTone halftones. Both spot and CMYK printing will see improvements when printed in high res mode. When printing text less than .250 its recommended to use Small text in Omega (true type fonts) for better print quality.

Current edge Firmware is version P build 16. (high res was added in version L) I would also recommend updating the firefile on the Edge FX as you maybe using a foil that wasn't in the older version. Current firefile is 334. It can be downloaded from Gerber at
https://www.gerbertechnology.com/downloads/files/E3Fire_334_SRE.zip
High res mode was added in Omega 4.0. So Omega 2.5 software doesn't have high res mode, Im not sure about Flexi you will need to contact them about 1200 dpi support. If your interested you can upgrade to Omega 7 and Spandex.com can give you a quote.