• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Noisy

Hielorojo

Hello there, this weekend I bought a Gerber Edge 1 for spares, run great and look very well and print fantastic, the only problem is a rare noise from the motor puller or belt. This noise only is when the Gerber is printing, please check the link to see a video from it:

[video=youtube_share;EpksnnjEFzY]http://youtu.be/EpksnnjEFzY[/video]

Any suggestion??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you sure it's coming from the belt. My Edge, depending on the setup and materials being used, sometimes makes a noise like that which is the foil snapping away from the vinyl when it reaches a gap in the printing.

Hielorojo

Hello Fred, I printed a black solid block without gap and the noise is there....if you look the video, the belt"jump"time to time. I check it with different foils and not solution....The last owner told me that the noise is there from new. The machine has 4000 minutes "only"....
Best Regards.

Tony Teveris

At first look we say

1. foil belt looks like it is lose, this will cause the jumping.

2. The teeth on the belt are worn and the belt should be replaced.

Hielorojo

At first look we say

1. foil belt looks like it is lose, this will cause the jumping.

2. The teeth on the belt are worn and the belt should be replaced.

Hello there, yes is possible, but is rare because the printer has "only" 4500 minutes, I will take of the motor and the belt and check it...
do you know aprox cost of the belt??
Thank you in advance.

Hielorojo

Hello there, well the noise is out!!! The problem was a "loose belt" and the pulley was touching the allen screw, I release the allen screw and "raise" the "metal plate" that hold the motor to "apply pressure" to the belt....noise out!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 173
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 147