• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Print Problem

yamaha581

We have a Gerber Edge and for some reason when we go to print say it will print through the first color and when it goes to take it back to do the next color the vinyl stops moving and it just makes a noise like it is moving and then once it would be back to where the beginning was the noise stops but the vinyl barely moved. When it happened the first time I figured it was just a mess up but it has happened about 4 or 5 times now so I am guessing that something is needing to be replaced or fixed. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What model Edge?
What software and version #?
What cable setup from computer to Edge?
Does this happen with one particular job or multiple jobs?

yamaha581

What model Edge?
What software and version #?
What cable setup from computer to Edge?
Does this happen with one particular job or multiple jobs?

We have just the first gerber Edge, not the edge 2
We are using the USB to parallel
We use flexi to print and have never had any problems
This has been happening on every job we have tried now for some reason.

yamaha581

Does the vinyl once loaded slew back and forth OK?

Yes when we load the vinyl and use the arrows to move it there is no problem with it moving. When it is done printing and takes the vinyl back it almost goes all the way and the vinyl stops moving but the printer keeps making the noise like it is moving but it is more loud than normal and it just keeps making that noise.