• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber edge started beeping?

signgirl

Just finished running a smaller job on my edge Le and left it on when about 10 minutes later it started a continuous beep. Turned it off unplugged it and turned on and still beeping. Tried a reset but would only go to initializing one time but started beeping again. Now it says nothing on small screen. Any ideas as to what may have happened?

gabagoo

I have the same thing happening once every few months..... You have to open the lid and place the machine on its right side. Take out the 3 screws on the bottom that hole the black metal piece in and then after grounding yourself... Just push in the graphic cards and any connections that may have become loose. It works for me everytime. Caution though that after the machine has been placed on it's side, your shocks might not work properly anymore. I use a bungee cord now to keep the lid up...but it is a small sacrifice to avoid a costly visit from the Gerber repair man

signgirl

Thanks so much! I did see some of your posts and am going to try shortly. When it rains it pours! Too many deadlines. Ill let you know... Thanks again

omgsideburns

Yep, clean off any sensors and check for loose connections. Loose ribbon caused the last problem I had with an edge.

signgirl

Well all is well! Maybe I have the truion version. I just removed both black metal plates from sides and blew dust out. Didn't have to flip on side. Hubby thinks it may have something to do with the safety button but who knows. He designs sensor and circuit boards. Looked over all connections and all appeared well but one may have been loose. I'm happy happy happy! Thanks for you alls help