• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Gerber Edge Won't Initialize

Chuck B

Riff Meister
Hey gang---a colleague (she had submitted to join, but has not yet received acceptance from admin) is having trouble getting her Edge to a state of "being initialized" and ready to accept jobs. They've used this machine for years, and then one day upon start up, got a "data error" message (on the machine's display). Next step?...they replaced the parallel port cord = same result. Next step was to try a parallel to usb cord. With the new conversion cord, they now get "code 15326424"...with the "24" toggling back and forth from "24" to "23". Machine powers up, but with either cord it won't initialize itself to be in the "ready offline" condition. Any ideas?

gabagoo

Mine starts beeping at times and won't do anything. I open up (with power off and grounded) and push the boards in better as there is some give on them. I also found that there are a few orange plugs in mine and if I push them down the machine starts up and initializes...every month or so it acts up