• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber hs 15 connection

bruce

I am trying to connect a gerber hs15 to my computer. I am running windows 7, and have flexi 10.. I do have a gerber cable, but I just can't make it all work.
Dazed and confused!!

FrankW

Serial connection isn‘t plug and play. There are a lot of possible issues, reaching from a wrong cable, a misconfigured computer interface and so on up to wrong serial parameters.

What for a cable do you have? How it is connected to the PC (interface card/USB-adaptor)? Did you choose the correct Com-port?

netsol

Do you have the driver installed for usb to serial?
Whether it is gerber. Or not, it needs the driver or it becomes a "composite device" (nice word for nothing)

After the driver is loaded we need to match the settings from the adapter to the plotter

Remember, one side of the adapter/cable is plug and play (after the driver loads) but the plotter itself is dumb as a stump the settings (9600, none, one xon/xoff OR WHATEVER YOUR PLOTTER IS SET FOR. ) Have to match or nothing happens

Download the user manual, look at the dip switch and we can help if necessary, but first get that driver loaded for the usb

davedavedave

i had to rewire the cable ... i opened up the serial connector and rewired it.. ... if u google for the hs15 manual it tells u what pins are used... it worked