• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Gerber Odyssey "stalled" job?

Astro

Graphic Designer
My Odyssey XP keeps saying that all the jobs I send to it are getting "stalled" but I can't find out why or how to fix the issue.

Any suggestions?

I query for the size and length of the loaded material and it sees it and is fine with that aspect. I can send the job over, the screen gives me the "start job" option, I can press that. Then it feeds out the length of material needed no problem. When it gets back to the origin point to start cutting it just automatically comes up with "job stalled" -- I'm at a loss!!

Thanks for the help, in advance!!

netsol

stupid question.
is it usb or serial?
if serial (db9 or db25) flow control mismatch

usb, have you plugged into a usb 3,port on the pc (blue wafer) & it's failing hanshake & query

Astro

Graphic Designer
stupid question.
is it usb or serial?
if serial (db9 or db25) flow control mismatch

usb, have you plugged into a usb 3,port on the pc (blue wafer) & it's failing hanshake & query
It's serial -- so, flow control mismatch? How do I proceed to fix it, if you know?

netsol

It's serial -- so, flow control mismatch? How do I proceed to fix it, if you know?
does it start to move the head?

there are settings
  • Baud Rate = 9600
  • Data Bits = 8
  • Parity = None
  • Stop Bits = 1
  • Flow Control = None
leave the baud rate at whatever it is set at on the gerber

ALL SETTINGS HAVE TO MATCH
on:
the plotter (control panel or dip switches
the control panel settings in windows (device manager>ports>com port> properties>advanced)
inside the gerber software

flow control can be hardware, x on/x off or none

normally best practice is to leave plotter settings untouched and match the other 2