• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega .plt issue?

allbrite

I feel like after digging through so many posts involving Gerber plts I don't have many options at this point. I work in a small sign shop of just myself. We used Gerber Omega 4.0 for a long time but as I came in they switched to Flexi. I've been fine with it for the longest time. Over time though, our keyfob got destroyed but I didn't really use it so it wasn't an issue. Fast forward and now the retired boss needs a remake of a sign the previous employee did and I need to open one of those files. He's needing it fairly quickly so reordering a fob isn't really a great option. I know I'm absolutely at ya'lls mercy :doh:
I've tried converters but I'm aware a Gerber plt isn't read the same way the other HPGL files, and Flexi no longer will read any of the Gerber files.
I'm in a bit of a pickle and can remake it I just don't know what size it needs to be! If there's anyone with the program I could email the file to that could simply open it and let me know the size I would be tremendously grateful.

MikePro

i haven't tried it, but it might be possible to run the software without the dongle in "demo mode" to open old files and copy to clipboard for pasting into another program.
I'm sure there's also plenty of other Gerber heroes on this forum that would convert the occasional file for an eventual signshow beer :)
Cheers!