• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega to Plotter Communication Error

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm having trouble getting Omega 5 to communicate with my plotter. I keep getting the "Communication Error". Here's what I've got: Omega 5 running on Windows 7, 32 bit, Gerber Edge 1, Gerber GSX15Plus, both with original cables. I installed Omega and was able to print to the Edge, no problems at all. Went to cut and immediately got the communications error. First we made sure all of the connections were secure. It was installed on COM 1 so we tried COM 2, no luck. Even tried a serial to USB, no luck. We thought it might be the port itself so we installed Omega on a different computer also running Windows 7, 32 bit and got the same error. Any suggestions?

Chasez

Have you checked the GQ manager to make sure the plotter is installed correctly? I'm not to sure of the plotter itself, but is there a setting on the plotter that you can choose which com port? Maybe that's not set correctly? I would try and stay away from using the Serial to USB converter as this may degrade the signal and may not send to the plotter. I would say alot of trial and error is needed at this point... Sorry couldnt be of more help.

Chaz

Marlene

I have windows 7, Omega 5.0, Gerber Edge 2, HS Plus 15 so I sort of have what you do. mine plotter is on com 3. no idea why but it works OK

GoodPeopleFlags

Thanks for the suggestions but still no luck. Guess I'll have to call tech support. Hoping someone might point me in the right direction before I have to do that! :)

zbo2

Just a quick thought... do you have THAT plotter selected as the preference when you send a job out to be cut? I know I have to select which plotter i want the job to go to if I'm switching between my GS15 or my enVision 375. They are both on com1 but the file format is different between the 2 plotters.

GoodPeopleFlags

Do you mean in the output window, the "1-2-3" button? Yeah, it's selected and preferenced there. :(

I'm thinking it must be the cable, or at least that's the next thing to try. Keep your fingers crossed for me!