• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Service Plans

openwood

Hi everyone

I have not been able to visit the site in a while,we have been extemly busy as usual.We are starting to run the router alot now and are thinking of getting in to one of the gerber service plans.Just wondering if anyone else pays for them. the gardian plan covers parts and service for one year(not including the spindle).It costs 2,225.00 and seems like alot of money.But when you consider that a y axis lead screw is 1650.00 it seems like a deal.it seems like the lead screws do go on a yearly basis from the info i got from previous posts.hopeing to get a little imput from other gerber owners.

thanks

Brian

Eric H

Like on most things I think a warranty is a crap shoot. We have had our 404 for about 8 or 9 years and have only had the (porter cable) motor rebuilt a few times, no other mechanical problems. Personally your probably better off putting that money in a saving account. I never heard anything about the lead screws.